2023 Giant Trance X E+ / E+ Elite

Oscar74

Jan 15, 2023
Italy
As range report:
16.6 km, 658 m elevation
Battery consumption: 32%
Rider weight: 60 Kg
Used not more than level 3 set at 50 Nm Max torque, Factory assistance %, just to climb faster on road.

Is the power shown on Ride App the total system power or just the rider power?

Rossco.Melb

Feb 2, 2021
Melbourne, Australia
I did 17 miles today with 1900 ft of elevation. I was mostly in tour the whole time. I had 27% battery left and it was above 90 degrees. The giant app keeps disconnecting from the bike it maybe the phone going to sleep.
Slightly personal Question maybe, but relevant to range... Can I ask what's your riding body weight?

This kind of distance/climb ride is very similar to most of my local loops, but at 210lbs I'm not sure I'd get the same kind of range, or if I should just look at a full fat emtb.

bglidin

May 5, 2020
So Cal
Slightly personal Question maybe, but relevant to range... Can I ask what's your riding body weight?

This kind of distance/climb ride is very similar to most of my local loops, but at 210lbs I'm not sure I'd get the same kind of range, or if I should just look at a full fat emtb.
I weigh 180 lbs ish down from 195 winter weight LOL. I think you would be fine as long as you keep the cadence up. The motor likes to spin but does make low end power when climbing technical trails which I enjoy.
Just did 16 miles with 2700 plus of elevation and had 30% left.
I added the extender for longer rides but have yet to test the full range with the extender.

Base

Jul 21, 2023
Toronto
Just another '23 Trance X E+ 2 that I recently picked up after suffering going up some hills on my old analog Reign.
Did a ride on the local trails which is about 7km away so its an easy ride there then another 22km along the trails then back home. 50% battery used, 539m of elevation, on the road I leave it in 3 and sometimes 4, on the trail it was 5. 220lbs. First ride I had it in 3 and the battery only went down about 40%.

IMG_20230722_184327_348.jpg

emtbeast

Jan 10, 2022
Slovenia
Hey guys I was watching this promo video for the Trance X E+ Elite model, have one question.

Can you really set the torque in the app in 1 Nm increments like shown in the video(timestamp 0:58)?

Thanks ✌️

MRB

Aug 25, 2020
Australia
Have any of you taken the battery out of the frame yet? I have a new Trance X Advanced E+ Elite2 and want to fly with it but can't with the battery included as its over the size 'rules'. But I can overland the battery, so not a problem - just need to get the battery out. So is it easy to remove? Guess the motor needs to be dropped. Does anyone have a link to the workshop/service manual for removing/installing a battery? Or has anyone seen a video on removing the battery.

Nobrks

Sep 16, 2021
Denmark
Have any of you taken the battery out of the frame yet? I have a new Trance X Advanced E+ Elite2 and want to fly with it but can't with the battery included as its over the size 'rules'. But I can overland the battery, so not a problem - just need to get the battery out. So is it easy to remove? Guess the motor needs to be dropped. Does anyone have a link to the workshop/service manual for removing/installing a battery? Or has anyone seen a video on removing the battery.
@MRB Please take some picture when you remove the battery! There are no pictures available of the new 400wh

Montana St Alum

Feb 13, 2023
Park City Utah
Minor upgrades to an Elite 3.
Did a fork service and replaced the wiper seals with SKF. That was right at 50 hours and the difference was huge (also extended the fork to 160mm travel for the heck of it which was also a simple thing to do on the gold RL). At the 50 hour point the foam was bone dry and pretty dirty on both sides. Very easy until it came time to put the fork back on. The new headset is a little funky.
Had some XT lever/masters that I put on that I had lying around. Huge improvement in performance on the Deore brakes.
Decided to put on an M6100 "Rapid Fire" shifter. NOT compatible with the Deore derailleur. So, got an M6100 derailleur and also big improvement in shifting. Lighter on the controls and can multi-shift down which is nice.
Nothing weight saving, but the bike feels pretty dialed in.

Last edited:

Oscar74

Jan 15, 2023
Italy
Minor upgrades to an Elite 3.
Did a fork service and replaced the wiper seals with SKF. That was right at 50 hours and the difference was huge (also extended the fork to 160mm travel for the heck of it which was also a simple thing to do on the gold RL). At the 50 hour point the foam was bone dry and pretty dirty on both sides. Very easy until it came time to put the fork back on. The new headset is a little funky.
Had some XT lever/masters that I put on that I had lying around. Huge improvement in performance on the Deore brakes.
Decided to put on an M6100 "Rapid Fire" shifter. NOT compatible with the Deore derailleur. So, got an M6100 derailleur and also big improvement in shifting. Lighter on the controls and can multi-shift down which is nice.
Nothing weight saving, but the bike feels pretty dialed in.
Hi, how is going with 160 mm travel?
Thanks!

Montana St Alum

Feb 13, 2023
Park City Utah
Hi, how is going with 160 mm travel?
Thanks!
I would say that the only reason to increase from 150 to 160 is if you had the fork apart for service anyway, though if you want to it's pretty easy. I don't think the axle to crown length is affected, because I think the extension is at the bottom of travel. I forgot to measure before and after though. The performance of the fork is really nice though and probably due to new oil/seals/grease and clean saturated foam rings. I also removed spacers from the fork (a small one was there) and the shock which is a better compliment to my weight and riding style. Yesterday I did the service on my Grip 2 on my mtb with similar results. Now I'm getting "what about my bike" looks from my wife.

Last edited:

Oscar74

Jan 15, 2023
Italy
I would say that the only reason to increase from 150 to 160 is if you had the fork apart for service anyway, though if you want to it's pretty easy. I don't think the axle to crown length is affected, because I think the extension is at the bottom of travel. I forgot to measure before and after though. The performance of the fork is really nice though and probably due to new oil/seals/grease and clean saturated foam rings. I also removed spacers from the fork (a small one was there) and the shock which is a better compliment to my weight and riding style. Yesterday I did the service on my Grip 2 on my mtb with similar results. Now I'm getting "what about my bike" looks from my wife.
The RS Recon Gold reported axle to crown lenghts for 150 and 160 mm travel are 567 and 577 mm, so I guess you should have 10 mm increase now and approx -0.5° head angle. I'm thinking about putting a 160 mm fork, like the 2023 Lyrik Ultimate Charger 3 I can get new for 600 €.

Montana St Alum

Feb 13, 2023
Park City Utah
The RS Recon Gold reported axle to crown lenghts for 150 and 160 mm travel are 567 and 577 mm, so I guess you should have 10 mm increase now and approx -0.5° head angle. I'm thinking about putting a 160 mm fork, like the 2023 Lyrik Ultimate Charger 3 I can get new for 600 €.
Thanks, that's goof info and I think I may have noticed that extra 10mm (not sure, but I may take out a spacer). I would highly recommend a service first, before dropping big Euros. I have a friend with the Pivot Shuttle SL (a great bike and the high-end model) and once he rode mine, he was kind of upset that my fork felt so good! Actually, he wasn't too happy with his shock after that either!

Redfox

Dec 23, 2023
New Zealand
I bought a Trance X Elite 2 about three months ago and had to return it to the dealer already with a broken chain stay.
Has anyone else had this problem? I’m not sure if I can trust this bike any longer. Don’t feel like having a nasty accident due to bad frame build quality.
I also noticed some play in the lower shock mount but according to the dealer this was not the problem and is common with Giant bikes.

bglidin

May 5, 2020
So Cal
I bought a Trance X Elite 2 about three months ago and had to return it to the dealer already with a broken chain stay.
Has anyone else had this problem? I’m not sure if I can trust this bike any longer. Don’t feel like having a nasty accident due to bad frame build quality.
I also noticed some play in the lower shock mount but according to the dealer this was not the problem and is common with Giant bikes.
Could you please post pictures of the broken chain stay and give us some context of what happened ?

Redfox

Dec 23, 2023
New Zealand
Could you please post pictures of the broken chain stay and give us some context of what happened ?
I didn't take any pictures and the bike is with the dealership atm. But I draw into a pic I found online where the cracks occurred. I only noticed these cracks when I cleaned the bike. But on my last ride I noticed that the rear wheel was starting to feel unstable. Similar to when the spokes come lose. So I assume it happend towards the end of the ride doing just average level tech trails, not even jumps.
Elite 2 Chainstay_Cracks.jpg

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
No, that's not gonna work.
The System is designed to start from the main battery and will recognize the RE at this point of time.
You can also not control the way how the system is using the power from the RE.
Under normal operation, it will use the main battery down to approx. 20-25% or so, and then switch to the RE. Once this is emptied, it will switch back to the main battery. The Process is explained in the User Manual available on the Giant Website.

Budi

Aug 2, 2021
France
The System is designed to start from the main battery and will recognize the RE at this point of time.
Under normal operation, it will use the main battery down to approx. 20-25% or so, and then switch to the RE. Once this is emptied, it will switch back to the main battery. The Process is explained in the User Manual available on the Giant Website.
Ok, thanks!

Budi

Aug 2, 2021
France
Do you have a link to the manual? I only find a general e-bike manual but not a specific one for this bike on the Giant website. Thanks!

John_A

Sep 26, 2022
UK

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles