Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL 2023 Megathread

oettam20

Mar 3, 2021
Lugano
Is this the week of presentation of the SL 2023?
It could be since the sale action on the 2022 SL, named “we made too many”, expires today…

G-Sport

Oct 7, 2022
Yorkshire
Quieter motor would be nice, but more torque is just "specification wars" IMO. There's a good reason that the SL gets such a good range with such a small battery and a lot of it is down to restricting the torque. I'd rather keep the weight down and the range up than trade for a headline torque that I will very rarely use because I'll want the range.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I was at my local Specialized dealer today. They advised that prices are now in their system for the 2023 Levo SL, and it’s due next month.
No details on the spec, but the S-Works was over £14k, and there’s a frame only for just under £7k.

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
I was at my local Specialized dealer today. They advised that prices are now in their system for the 2023 Levo SL, and it’s due next month.
No details on the spec, but the S-Works was over £14k, and there’s a frame only for just under £7k.

£14k?

F*ck me, that's taking the p*ss!
crampe.gif

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
So... hang on... Frame/motor/battery is £7k. Bike is £14k. That's £7k worth of bits?!?!
So yeah - it doesn’t make any sense.
Just looking at the ‘22 Levo S-Works just now.
Rough prices - AXS derailleur / remote £800, chain £70, cassette £350.
Decent carbon wheel set £2000
Magura MT7’s £350
2 x rotors £60
AXS dropper £600
Saddle £100
Carbon bars £150
Stem £100
Rockshox Zeb Ultimate £900
Tyres £100
Valves £20

I can’t see where the £7k is coming from? Is that the premium for someone handing it to you ready built rather than a couple of hours assembly? Frame already comes with cranks, chain ring, seatpost collar and rear shock - and I assume headset bearings? Am I missing anything?!

Last edited:

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Raceco had a deal late last year for custom built S-Works KSLs; £9K with Zeb Ultimates, DT Swiss Wheelset, RE, etc.

If you absolutely, positively have to have an S-Works a frameset is the way to go.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
That’s what I’ve missed! Oh well - the costs are pretty close now! 🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: CjP

Streddaz

Jul 7, 2022
Tasmania
Quieter motor would be nice, but more torque is just "specification wars" IMO. There's a good reason that the SL gets such a good range with such a small battery and a lot of it is down to restricting the torque. I'd rather keep the weight down and the range up than trade for a headline torque that I will very rarely use because I'll want the range.
I agree, if you have a more powerful motor, you will use more battery. To keep the same range, you will need a bigger battery and add more weight. May as well go full fat.
35Nm is enough but I bet it will be more, because marketing will want that and there needs to be some performance improvement to boost sales as the other brands have more power. Of course, there is less range, but they aren't going to make that obvious now are they? ;)

Jase

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2022
UK
Had my Kenevo SL in the dealers today and he’s thinking February for the Levo SL???

Norcalsl

Jul 12, 2020
Northern California
I got some info. The motor will be the same with total differenet inside. It would have around 50Nm. Will be lot quiter too. The battery stay the same and the GEO comes updated but not significitaly. thats the info i got from swiss. But who know for sure ;)
I hope not. Increasing to 50nm would reduce range significantly. Also, I don't need more power.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Turn it down via the app. Problem solved.

Ace
I’m quite happy with my 35Nm at 30% most of the time… but there are a couple of climbs on my regular routes that banging it to 100% still isn’t enough.
Being able to stick it on 100% of 50Nm for 30 seconds might just be enough… and the extra couple of minutes power shouldn’t be too detrimental to my battery.

Most SL riders I’ve spoken to run their bikes at 30-60% anyway, so range isn’t generally an issue. Having a bit more power on tap for those rare occasions would be welcome in my opinion.

smc_stefan

Oct 10, 2022
Austria
Visited my LBS yesterday and they told me there will be a new Levo SL in 2023 but we shouldn't expect it to arrive before May, at least in Europe.

cdavies102

Jun 29, 2021
UK
Anyone know of a date for new Kenevo (full fat version) but in the shape of the KSL? I have no interest in the Levo for the type of riding I do, and I prefer bigger battery where the Kenevo SL won't suffice.

Lightme

Subscriber
Jul 17, 2020
Sydney
Anyone know of a date for new Kenevo (full fat version) but in the shape of the KSL? I have no interest in the Levo for the type of riding I do, and I prefer bigger battery where the Kenevo SL won't suffice.

The new Levo with the Cascade Long Shock kit and a 180mm fork feels very close to a Kenevo.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Have you ridden the new Levo but with a 29er rear wheel? I came off a Kenevo SL to the new Levo and at first I really didn't like the Levo (mullet set up didn't give confidence and rear grip was definitely reduced) but after changing the fork to 170, putting the rear end into low and fitting a 29er wheel it is 100% as capable as the KSL. I would even go as far to say that the rear end of the Levo is better in some aspects than the KSL rear end too (this shocked TF outta me). I've got cascade long link coming plus a tuned coil in the mail so I'm expecting even more from it shortly.

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
Raceco had a deal late last year for custom built S-Works KSLs; £9K with Zeb Ultimates, DT Swiss Wheelset, RE, etc.

If you absolutely, positively have to have an S-Works a frameset is the way to go.
S-work owners do get invited on special trips and events I believe.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
It is the new SL,45nm and slightly bigger battery.
Looks like the big S are going from being the leader in the ebike market to just another brand ...
Sounds ideal. Wonder if under 17kg’s can still be had on this one though?!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles