Levo SL 2023/24 Levo SL?????

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
Has anyone heard or seen anything? I'm giving serious consideration to going to the Pivot Shuttle SL, after two wonderful years on my 2020 SL Expert Carbon... but want to know what's in the pipe.

R2thek

Apr 10, 2022
Colorado
Has anyone heard or seen anything? I'm giving serious consideration to going to the Pivot Shuttle SL, after two wonderful years on my 2020 SL Expert Carbon... but want to know what's in the pipe.
Me too. I am thinking of going from my Rise to either the Shuttle Sl or the Fuel EXe or the (imaginary) new Levo SL If they increased the power.
I like the Fuel with the TQ except that it is slightly less power than the Shuttle SL with the Fazua.

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
Me too. I am thinking of going from my Rise to either the Shuttle Sl or the Fuel EXe or the (imaginary) new Levo SL If they increased the power.
I like the Fuel with the TQ except that it is slightly less power than the Shuttle SL with the Fazua.

More power is not necessarily better, but I trust the quality of the Pivot more so than the Trek. I've owned a bunch of Specialized Emtbs but I'm thinking that the Pivot may pull me away. Just need to know what the 23 SL is going to be.

BAMBAMODA

Snowflake
Subscriber
May 17, 2020
Home
I got some info. The motor will be the same with total differenet inside. It would have around 50Nm. Will be lot quiter too. The battery stay the same and the GEO comes updated but not significitaly. thats the info i got from swiss. But who know for sure ;)
KSL can be had for some awesome price. I almost bought the Sworks for 15000 when it first came out. Glad I didn’t because I’ve been away for work too much to get much value outta it. So I think I’ll buy one in the next couple months.

R2thek

Apr 10, 2022
Colorado
I got some info. The motor will be the same with total differenet inside. It would have around 50Nm. Will be lot quiter too. The battery stay the same and the GEO comes updated but not significitaly. thats the info i got from swiss. But who know for sure ;)
That would disappointing--that they can't get to 60 Nm.

oldfox

Jul 5, 2018
FRG
Available as a spare part for the first generation?

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
No new info ?

Well they have been working on this bike for sometime now.... too long I think. With the new developments from TQ I think the SL might be outdated before it even lands... I really hope not as I dont really want to move to another label for my electrics. But with the new ibis ebike (all my push bikes are ibis) I might have to get an ibis ebike for my electric needs.

So I really want to want this new SL, but it has so much more top end competition now. and might be too little too late.

beutelfuchs

Aug 11, 2019
Barcelona
The thing with Spec usually is that as soon as they launch something, its available in stores.
I checked the new Trek and so far it is nowhere to find (pls correct me if I'm wrong).
So maybe not a practical issue.
But I am also waiting whats coming on the SL front. The both existing SL MTB models or to weird for my taste, each in it's own way. If the new kid will be anything like the acoustic Stevo with a decend weight I might queue up.

R2thek

Apr 10, 2022
Colorado
No new info ?

Well they have been working on this bike for sometime now.... too long I think. With the new developments from TQ I think the SL might be outdated before it even lands... I really hope not as I dont really want to move to another label for my electrics. But with the new ibis ebike (all my push bikes are ibis) I might have to get an ibis ebike for my electric needs.

So I really want to want this new SL, but it has so much more top end competition now. and might be too little too late.
i would love to see an ibis emtb. But I haven’t heard or seen anything. Do you have any information or links?

Loamranger

Dec 10, 2019
U.K.
I’m happy with 35Nm. The likely difference between 50 or 60 Nm is not worth worrying about imo.

There have been some teething problems reported with TQ motors. I suspect that a lot of these new lighter bikes will be delayed.

I had a look at the Pivot the other day, pretty tidy but Specialized integration is a bit better imo.

Sebov

Jul 24, 2022
Bavaria
More power is not necessarily better, but I trust the quality of the Pivot more so than the Trek. I've owned a bunch of Specialized Emtbs but I'm thinking that the Pivot may pull me away. Just need to know what the 23 SL is going to be.
Same here. I am on a custom Levo SL. Never was 100% comfortable with the geo. Could get a sweet deal for the new Shuttle Sl but not for the new Levo Sl. So I probably will move on. But the app and customisation from Specialized is really cool. And the new Mastermind TCU ist the best of all.

oldfox

Jul 5, 2018
FRG
It’s going to look the same as the kenevo so with the low shock , shorter travel and updated motor.
For me, the most important question is: Is the new motor quiet or at least quieter? And is it compatible with the old frame and the old battery? And will it be available in the after market?

35NM? Just enough!

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
For me, the most important question is: Is the new motor quiet or at least quieter? And is it compatible with the old frame and the old battery? And will it be available in the after market?

35NM? Just enough!
Yes it will be compatible but not sure about aftermarket availability and battery size.

oettam20

Mar 3, 2021
Lugano
Is this the week of presentation of the SL 2023?
It could be since the sale action on the 2022 SL, named “we made too many”, expires today…

G-Sport

Oct 7, 2022
Yorkshire
Quieter motor would be nice, but more torque is just "specification wars" IMO. There's a good reason that the SL gets such a good range with such a small battery and a lot of it is down to restricting the torque. I'd rather keep the weight down and the range up than trade for a headline torque that I will very rarely use because I'll want the range.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I was at my local Specialized dealer today. They advised that prices are now in their system for the 2023 Levo SL, and it’s due next month.
No details on the spec, but the S-Works was over £14k, and there’s a frame only for just under £7k.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles