Levo Gen 3 2022 Turbo Levo Expert vs Comp Alloy

js71

May 17, 2021
NW Georgia
I’m gonna buy one of these. Had the 22 Alloy Comp and sold it when a guy made me an offer. Bought a Rail and now I’m thinking about a carbon Expert. I can get it new for 9500 or a new Alloy Comp for 6500 from my LBS. I really wish they offered Shimano builds. Which would you buy and why? Thanks.

Pauliemon

Sep 14, 2020
Northern California, USA
I bought a SL and a Gen 3. Both were Comp carbons.. I changed out suspension on both. I changed the drivetrain and brakes on the SL and went AXS on the G3. They both came in cheaper then the Expert. I sold the stock parts to take out some of the $ting.

Dan202B

Jul 5, 2020
California
I bought the aluminum comp. My plan is upgrade suspension and brakes. EXT shock, Lyric Fork and Magura brakes. When the drive train wears out I will up grade that. The only thing the expert really has on me after that is the carbon frame and the display. On an ebike I do not value a carbon frame anyway. Maybe you do? The display is nice but not a deal breaker. End result I think my bike will have better suspension and brakes and be about the same cost. Any upgrades you do to the expert will put you over the cost. 2 cents from the peanut gallery. You could save 400 more and go with the regular Levo and buy a 700 wh battery. I didn’t as I like the sage green color and one was in stock locally.

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
Doesn’t sound like cost is an issue so Expert.
“thinking about a carbon Expert” so that’s two.

Expert. Amazing bike right out of the box. Ride it and enjoy life. Simple.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles