Levo Gen 3 2022 Turbo Levo Expert Udate

MNTurboLevo

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2022
Minnesota/Arizon
Just an update on my 2022 Turbo Levo Expert. It is my Arizona bike and is ridden primarily in the desert, mountains and forests of Arizona four months of the year. This is my third Ebike. First was a Haibike Allmtn with Yamaha motor. Rode it for 1600 trouble free miles and gave it to my son who still rides it. Second was a Trek Powerfly LT 9.7 carbon bike with Bosch motor with 1500 miles and has been trouble free. Still have the Trek Powerfly 9.7 and it is my summer bike in MN.

Without a doubt the Spec Turbo Levo Expert is the best and most fun Ebike I have owned. After replacing the original motor at 300 miles the bike has been trouble free and now is pushing 950 miles on the ODO. Love everything about this bike from the plushness of the fork and shock and the mullet setup on the tires. New motor seems to be very quite after 650 miles of riding and no issues there. I did upgrade the Sram Code RS levers to RSC levers and upgraded the rotors to Sram HS2. Love the new brake setup, very quiet when heated up on downhills.
Arizona riding usually involves lots of rocks, drops and ledge climbs and this bike handles it with a lot of grace and can take a pounding. Great bike!

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
There are forests in Arizona?!

Very jealous of your riding spot, I got to ride in Phoenix during a trip out there and it was like nowhere else I’ve been. It’s great the Levo is working for you, it’s nice to hear positive comments rather than complaints about broken motors

socal_rider

Jun 6, 2021
Temecula, CA
Glad your replacement motor is still quiet. I had my motor recently replaced for being overly loud. I only have a few rides on the new motor. I’m really hoping it stays as quiet as it is now.

I love riding in AZ. My son goes to NAU in Flagstaff, so I visit there a couple of times a year. Plus I’ve ridden Phoenix, Prescott, Sedona, and Kingman. I still have yet to ride in Tucson.

MNTurboLevo

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2022
Minnesota/Arizon
Actually Arizona is a very geographically diverse state. Many mountain ranges with heavy pine forests and streams etc. Think Prescott, Sedona and the mountains north of Phoenix. I agree with your comments. Best riding in the world here in the Phoenix valley. We do a lot of riding on day trips to Prescott and Flagstaff as well. Thousands of miles of trail to ride ..... so little time.

Reactions: Dax

tjl5709

Feb 20, 2023
Michigan
I have the same bike. It is a life changer for me (I'm old, analog is way to hard now) If you do your own work, look up a video on youtube called " How to make your sram brakes not suck". It's worth the effort.

kneecap

Sep 10, 2020
so cal USA
Love my 23 base model carbon levo. Got it on sale with both size batteries! Love the mullet size wheels. I've also had a couple other ebikes, this is the best, I'm also an oldie dude in So. Cal.

MNTurboLevo

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2022
Minnesota/Arizon
I also am on the mature side of life at 76. EMTB's in general are a game changer but the Spec Turbo Levo takes it to a whole new level IMO. Really enjoy the ability to do tough climbs and long rides that would be impossible with an analog bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles