2022 RM Altitude Powerplay Shock Mount Hardware Sizing

DrChris

Oct 29, 2018
Australia
I'm planning on installing my Cane Creek Kitsuma Coil shock on my Powerplay.

I've measured the existing shock hardware to be 40mm wide at the linkage end and 25mm at the other end.

Is there any issue just installing standard 40mm x 8mm shock mounting hardware instead of the stock bearing eyelets? I'd like to keep the existing hardware on the Fox Float X Air shock for future use.

Thanks!
Dr Chris

Flatslide

E*POWAH Master
Jul 14, 2019
Dunedin NZ
I'm planning on installing my Cane Creek Kitsuma Coil shock on my Powerplay.

I've measured the existing shock hardware to be 40mm wide at the linkage end and 25mm at the other end.

Is there any issue just installing standard 40mm x 8mm shock mounting hardware instead of the stock bearing eyelets? I'd like to keep the existing hardware on the Fox Float X Air shock for future use.

Thanks!
Dr Chris
Has your shock lower mount got the roller bearing/alloy cup assembly pressed into the shock eyelet like the earlier models?
When I fitted a DB Coil il, I used an RWC needle roller kit. I had to turn up two spacers to replace the bearing cup on each side of the eyelet. Works mint.

DrChris

Oct 29, 2018
Australia
Has your shock lower mount got the roller bearing/alloy cup assembly pressed into the shock eyelet like the earlier models?
When I fitted a DB Coil il, I used an RWC needle roller kit. I had to turn up two spacers to replace the bearing cup on each side of the eyelet. Works mint.
Thanks - I just used some spare Cane Creek mounting hardware I had in the workshop. Very easy swap over, went for a ride today and worked fine.

Another question - what is your weight and stiffness spring you are using on your DB Coil IL? I've got a progressive 450-550lb spring on my Kitsuma, but I think I'll need to move up to a stiffer spring (I weigh 84kg) as I can't seem to add enough pre-load for my liking.

Dr Chris

Flatslide

E*POWAH Master
Jul 14, 2019
Dunedin NZ
Thanks - I just used some spare Cane Creek mounting hardware I had in the workshop. Very easy swap over, went for a ride today and worked fine.

Another question - what is your weight and stiffness spring you are using on your DB Coil IL? I've got a progressive 450-550lb spring on my Kitsuma, but I think I'll need to move up to a stiffer spring (I weigh 84kg) as I can't seem to add enough pre-load for my liking.

Dr Chris
Hi Chris.
I weigh 95kg kitted up and use a Cane Creek Valt 650lb linear spring. I made the error of using a progressive spring initially, but of course the linkage on the 2019 Altitude is progressive already and the addition of a progressive spring made for suspension that had way too much sag and blew through the travel. Now it's really good.
Rik.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles