2022 Regin E-0 overheating and no solution in Giant’s sight 😱

Jujujuice

Jul 14, 2022
NZ
Your wrong , mine was done trust me.
Hey mate sorry to hear your situation with your giant bike. Thankfully for my fuel exe, I managed to return it and for my wife's fuel exe, Trek have given her a new bike. Giant really should not be pinning the blame on "rider's style".

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
id say i want my money back or see you in court and cost them a fortune works every time ;)
Unfortunately you were right ! In the last minute Giant declared the bike was working as designed and no refund was merited.
So I mentioned court and a new refund offer was immediately arranged by Giant.

Done !

Last edited:

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
no mate, yours in not done because the update i'm talking about is not released yet...it will be ready soon😉
That’s why it hasn’t been released , it doesn’t work. I’m not going to get into a pissing contest with you over such a stupid issue. Good Luck mate. 😎

Yetibos

Jan 28, 2020
Spain
That’s why it hasn’t been released , it doesn’t work. I’m not going to get into a pissing contest with you over such a stupid issue. Good Luck mate. 😎
So you didn't get the update that I'm talking about....that's all.

You get an "experimental" upgrade, ok, perhaps it was still in a developing phase and it didn't work as expected. ok.

But I started this conver saying that a new update will be released soon to solve this problem. Time will give reasson to who is right.

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
So you didn't get the update that I'm talking about....that's all.

You get an "experimental" upgrade, ok, perhaps it was still in a developing phase and it didn't work as expected. ok.

But I started this conver saying that a new update will be released soon to solve this problem. Time will give reasson to who is right.
I get what your saying but if in Giant’s mind there is Nothing wrong with the bike/motor then what’s to fix ? The final verdict of Giant was its the way I ride. I guess there are others as well who climb like their hair is on fire, but that’s their problem not Giant’s in their view. What more can I say but good luck 😉

Yetibos

Jan 28, 2020
Spain
I get what your saying but if in Giant’s mind there is Nothing wrong with the bike/motor then what’s to fix ? The final verdict of Giant was its the way I ride. I guess there are others as well who climb like their hair is on fire, but that’s their problem not Giant’s in their view. What more can I say but good luck 😉

Don't know who in Giant said that, but both points could be correct:

1- If you pedal in a low cadence with hard gears it means more stress for the motor, which means that your way to pedal could produce overheating.

2-Is not normal that "easy" overheating for this type of bike, and stoping assit with an error is not the best way to deal with. So Giant realize about it, get the feedback and will improve the way to solve with an update.

For this update the assist won't stop, but the performance will be reduced to reduce the stress on the motor to aboid the overheating.

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada

1- If you pedal in a low cadence with hard gears it means more stress for the motor, which means that your way to pedal could produce overheating.

2-Is not normal that "easy" overheating for this type of bike, and stoping assit with an error is not the best way to deal with. So Giant realize about it, get the feedback and will improve the way to solve with an update.

For this update the assist won't stop, but the performance will be reduced to reduce the stress on the motor to aboid the overheating.
Wow are you sure you don’t work for Giant , you seem to. Glad my headache is gone and I have already moved on. Good luck 🤞 peace out

Megavolt

Jul 21, 2022
Moscow Russia

I agree with you, there is some truth in that.
It is impossible to establish the fact of how we drive at any other time and whether we switch correctly. You can ride somewhere in Thailand in the tropics or in Dubai in the sand and wild heat or in winter in Finland. In any case, we have to understand that extreme conditions and modes of use affect the technical characteristics of the bike. We need a live examination and a study of why this is the case. But, of course, this is not a standard case.

TraxFactory

Mar 15, 2019
Northern California
My friends 2022 trance x did the same, he just purchased a 2023 reign and does it as well.

The software should adjust if the rider is soft pedaling or low cadence.

After reading all this, I'm going to recommend be drop a chainring size and get shorter cranks to up the cadence...

Bummer as it seemed yamaha had a reliable motor.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles