Kenevo Gen1 2022 Kenevo upgrade to Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate

techm8n

Sep 15, 2020
SF Bay Area
I'm looking to upgrade my 2022 Kenevo shock from the (230x62.5mm) Rockshox Super Deluxe Select+ (air) to the Ultimate. But below is the only version/tune that I found. It's specifically for the Nomad 2017+ bike. It'll obviously fit, but running it without a Kenevo specific tune be an issue? Has anyone here tried this on your Kenevo?

RockShox SuperDeluxe Ultimate RCT Rear Shock - DebonAir, 230 x 62.5, Bearing Mount, Fits Nomad 2017+ B2

Christox

Aug 12, 2020
Freiburg/ Germany
Hi !

The Bearing mount of the link from above won't fit in the Kenevo.
But with normal eyelets and normal weight a Low/Low Tune will fit very good. I have this tested in My Kenevo with Megneg and 1 small Token.

The upgrad from Select+ to ultimate is only the lowspeed compression adjuster.

Best regards,

Chris

techm8n

Sep 15, 2020
SF Bay Area
Hi !

The Bearing mount of the link from above won't fit in the Kenevo.
But with normal eyelets and normal weight a Low/Low Tune will fit very good. I have this tested in My Kenevo with Megneg and 1 small Token.

The upgrad from Select+ to ultimate is only the lowspeed compression adjuster.

Best regards,

Chris
I think the bearing mount at the bottom of the shock is removable via hex screw. Does the stock Super Deluxe Select+ have the low/low tune? How do I confirm this info?

amichaelf

Jul 26, 2022
Chile
I think the bearing mount at the bottom of the shock is removable via hex screw. Does the stock Super Deluxe Select+ have the low/low tune? How do I confirm this info?

hi @techm8n! I upgraded from stock select+ to Ultimate w/Megneg. I’m testing now with 1 token and 1 band with suggested 20% more of psi as per bigger negative chamber. It’s very supportive right now on middle and high travel. I will try some setups mixing no tokens and anadditional band to find the sweet spot. I tried to open the air can of the select but was too tight at the momento. Can you help me if it has oem 1 token installed or more? Thanks!!

D6BE09F8-9042-46CD-9E8E-6CE54C5D3087.jpeg

amichaelf

Jul 26, 2022
Chile
You should check the trailhead Rockshox website with serial number. This are mine for SD Select + Specs:
FFC3E7DF-FCD4-4E63-A52C-EB4740451A89.jpeg

techm8n

Sep 15, 2020
SF Bay Area
I went with the Fox X2 (230x65) instead. That increased my shock travel from 180mm to 187mm. My Kenevo is the 2022 model and size S2. No issues with the X2 air can hitting the side arm at full compression. It just cleared it.

amichaelf

Jul 26, 2022
Chile
I went with the Fox X2 (230x65) instead. That increased my shock travel from 180mm to 187mm. My Kenevo is the 2022 model and size S2. No issues with the X2 air can hitting the side arm at full compression. It just cleared it.
Great! Most people are installing X2 on their Kenevo’s. Think it’s the best and most safe shock solution at the time (besides expensive options as EXT or Push coil shocks).

Enjoy!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles