2022 instinct powerplay smells like burnt wire

Badd0g

Mar 18, 2022
Canada
Has anyone else had a 204 error message? tried to ride yesterday got in 5 min on my 2022 instinct my battery went from 90% to please charge then I got the error message. I checked the power cable it was plugged in and I could smell hot wiring. So I guess I was lucky it didn't catch on fire. It's at the shop now and we'll see how Rocky treats the problem. I sure hope it's not going to take weeks and weeks to fix. Hopefully I find out something today.

Badd0g

Mar 18, 2022
Canada
It was a bad motor controller that shorted out my battery It took 3 weeks to diagnose and repair. Not to bad really the big problem is I couldn't buy my bike locally as there was none so now I have to pay labor on any warranty work that is required seems like bullshit on a 9000.00 bike other than that it's a a fantastic ride. I love the power

skinnyboy

May 25, 2023
Canada
It was a bad motor controller that shorted out my battery It took 3 weeks to diagnose and repair. Not to bad really the big problem is I couldn't buy my bike locally as there was none so now I have to pay labor on any warranty work that is required seems like bullshit on a 9000.00 bike other than that it's a a fantastic ride. I love the power
That is bullshit. How does Rocky Mountain justify not paying for labour on a warranty item? Curious as I was considering buying one from a dealer further afield that has stock.

Cheers.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles