2022 Giant Reign E+ Chain Guide position

TibcsiTube

Jan 7, 2023
Hungary
I have a new 2022 Giant Reign E+ 0 bike. So far I have gone about 100km with him. I have a problem with the first chain guide by default and it keeps touching the left side of the chain guide in any gear it has even with the smallest gear. If I put it on the biggest gear, it already has a pretty horrible sound when I'm riding it and it's a little tight in the front. They replaced the chain guide under warranty. The situation is the same.
Does anyone have any ideas?

IMG_20230314_164513.jpg IMG_20230314_164502.jpg IMG_20230314_164453.jpg

turborrojo

Feb 3, 2022
Galicia
I’ve snapped mine in the plastic side two months ago due to broken chain. Don’t know if the chain hooked on the chainguide or what, as It never was very straight.

A new chainring costs 120€ which is ridiculous for a tiny plate of metal and a plastic guide, but couldn’t find any other chainguide that could substitute it, so temporarily I’m going without it without problems so far. Too bad for Giant going with this design and not giving a full bashguard mounting possibiliy.

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
Mine is tight, but not tight enough to rub like this on the lowest gear, that is strange! It is also silent all the time.

Do you still have the original one that was replaced ? I would just try to bend it a little bit inboard.

TibcsiTube

Jan 7, 2023
Hungary
Mine is tight, but not tight enough to rub like this on the lowest gear, that is strange! It is also silent all the time.

Do you still have the original one that was replaced ? I would just try to bend it a little bit inboard.
Yes I have the original, I'll take it back to the store tomorrow and they'll try to bend it. However, I think this is not normal.
Now I use it without a chain guide.

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
Yes I have the original, I'll take it back to the store tomorrow and they'll try to bend it. However, I think this is not normal.

Yes clearly something is off, I would also ask them to look if there's a spacer or something not mounted properly before bending.

I also suggest you to set it up as if it was a 38T or a little bit below, I had it at the 36T height when I bought the bike and it was rubbing and noisy.

TibcsiTube

Jan 7, 2023
Hungary
Yes clearly something is off, I would also ask them to look if there's a spacer or something not mounted properly before bending.

I also suggest you to set it up as if it was a 38T or a little bit below, I had it at the 36T height when I bought the bike and it was rubbing and noisy.
I also think a spacer may have been missed. I don't want to disassemble it I don't have tools for it. I'll ask the service to check it out.

I tried to adjust the height but it doesn't help much with this situation.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles