2021 Wild FS M10 rattle.... I think its the battery.... anyone else experienced and eradicated?

StevoKickstart

Nov 12, 2018
West Sussex, England
Hi fellow Bosch Gen 4 625 users,
I have a fairly rattley 3 month old bike (too rattley!). I don't think its the "motor rattle" which is well documented. It is more of a clunk when the front wheel lands (even when stationary, if I lift the front wheel and drop from a few cm's, it clunks)
Does this sound familiar to anyone? if yes, what can I do to eradicate?
many thanks

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
The battery cover was the cause of a clunk on my wild fs. I stuck a bit of draft excluder rubber to the underside near the bottom where it slots into the frame, and this sorted it

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Make sure to check for play in the headset.

As Mteam reported, the bottom tabs on the internal battery cover can rattle - mine came with heat shrink applied to quiet them down. The heat shrink was misplaced with a tech was working on my bike, but it's easy enough to replace.

If you have a dual battery option, the bolts for the frame mount battery lock can rattle if not torqued properly.

The electrical wires and brake hoses running on the inside of the downtube should be secured together with zip ties behind the battery shroud and they shouldn't be floppy.

EezyRider

Sep 23, 2020
Lincolnshire
On top of what Mteam has said, my bash guard has a strap that goes around the lower part of the cover and I use an additional Velcro strap near the battery key slot. No rattle and added security for the battery.
I forgot the straps one time and the rattle was so bad I thought my bike was falling apart. Seriously off putting.

StevoKickstart

Nov 12, 2018
West Sussex, England
Make sure to check for play in the headset.

As Mteam reported, the bottom tabs on the internal battery cover can rattle - mine came with heat shrink applied to quiet them down. The heat shrink was misplaced with a tech was working on my bike, but it's easy enough to replace.

If you have a dual battery option, the bolts for the frame mount battery lock can rattle if not torqued properly.

The electrical wires and brake hoses running on the inside of the downtube should be secured together with zip ties behind the battery shroud and they shouldn't be floppy.
Thanks Eezy, I have had the bike for 4 months and not taken the battery out yet (! I know!) I will take out and investigate

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles