2021 Trek Rail 9.7 Air Shock Upgrade

Railingit187

Feb 8, 2021
USA
Curious on if anyone has Mounted a standard eyebolt style Rockshox super deluxe ultimate to their rail 9.7 or any other rail model? I have a large and am wondering if the piggyback will hit? I am assuming since trek has the thru bolt style shock that takes shape of a trunnion mounted shock, it was meant for the piggyback not to run the frame when fully compressed. Any info on this would be great. I have been reading a ton of the shock threads, but not one thread has mentioned the super deluxe ultimate with standard eye bolt.

Railingit187

Feb 8, 2021
USA
Unfortunately the standard eye to eye Rockshox super deluxe will not fit. You will need to either need to find the Rockshox super deluxe thru shaft trunnion mount or go with a dpx2, x2, Jade x, dhx2, Ohlins TTX22m, and I think some other models. These rails are a pain in the ass for shocks other then their own proprietary thru shaft. Most of the piggybacks hit the water bottle as well if you want to mount one.

I upgraded my yari to a lyrik ultimate by changing out the damper to the charger rc2.1. Rides really good. But the zeb is a beast, my buddy has one on his SC HECKLER.

Good luck!

that's the upgrade I was thinking of making to my 9.7 also, then install the RockShox ZEB Select+ up front.

Forever Wild

May 21, 2020
Arizona
Unfortunately the standard eye to eye Rockshox super deluxe will not fit. You will need to either need to find the Rockshox super deluxe thru shaft trunnion mount or go with a dpx2, x2, Jade x, dhx2, Ohlins TTX22m, and I think some other models. These rails are a pain in the ass for shocks other then their own proprietary thru shaft. Most of the piggybacks hit the water bottle as well if you want to mount one.

I upgraded my yari to a lyrik ultimate by changing out the damper to the charger rc2.1. Rides really good. But the zeb is a beast, my buddy has one on his SC HECKLER.

Good luck!
Why not just go with a trunnion mount. I went with a Super Deluxe + with megneg and a Zeb ultimate. I love the setup.

Railingit187

Feb 8, 2021
USA
You were able to get a trunnion mount 230x57.5? I am pretty sure you have to have A trek proprietary shock to get trunnion mount without modification. Please give me the Info if that is the case.

Forever Wild

May 21, 2020
Arizona
You were able to get a trunnion mount 230x57.5? I am pretty sure you have to have A trek proprietary shock to get trunnion mount without modification. Please give me the Info if that is the case.
I apologize. I have a large 2020 Trek Powerfly and use a 205x60 shock.

Railingit187

Feb 8, 2021
USA
No worries. I was intrigued for sure. I do know that the powerful has a lot more room for a shock as well. They made everything as difficult as possible for the rail. It is a badass bike tho.

I apologize. I have a large 2020 Trek Powerfly and use a 205x60 shock.

Ajrail9.7

Apr 6, 2021
Usa

Good luck!
Can someone can confirm if I can install dhx2 on medium rail 9.7.
Thanks

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles