2021 SX shock spring rate

Stiggy_rider

Feb 4, 2021
Cali
Has anyone with the 2021 put a 2021 DHX2 on? Trying to gauge what spring weight is needed when I switch. I see the 2020 signature came with a 375# for a medium, while the 2020 race comes with a 350#, I assume that was either from the goe change or fox vs rockshox. From what I see on the calculators I should be between a 350# and 375# spring.

Stiggy_rider

Feb 4, 2021
Cali
After some research I have decided against a coil as I have heard from several people and shock companies the wishbone design is not conducive to a coil ... especially the fox coil who officially now no longer approves using a coil on the Meta Power or any bike with a wishbone. Now trying to decide on an air shock upgrade.

melmark

Dec 29, 2018
US
After some research I have decided against a coil as I have heard from several people and shock companies the wishbone design is not conducive to a coil ... especially the fox coil who officially now no longer approves using a coil on the Meta Power or any bike with a wishbone. Now trying to decide on an air shock upgrade.
Hmm where did you see this info about fox and wishbones?

Stiggy_rider

Feb 4, 2021
Cali
Hmm where did you see this info about fox and wishbones?
Called Fox as I had seen another thread about issues with the DHX2 so asked about the CR. They said neither of them are approved on wishbone suspensions. This was confirmed by Commencal, and they stated Fox coils don't work well as they have seen too many seal and shaft issues with the 9mm shaft and why they had to move to the RS.

mastercut

Jun 15, 2020
Italy
This fast suspension work perfectly
PXL_20210218_113006496.MP.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles