2021 meta power....What’s in the box ? Big CRC fail!

Fuch

Dec 13, 2020
Buckinghamshire
Hi all
Not the best first post I’ve had to do, any one got a new 2021 meta power that knows what’s in the box as had a delivery from CRC and it looked like it had literally been thrown in the box with everything all over the place inside and a hole in the side of the box! I was at work and my daughter took delivery so didn’t see it until I got home......CRC have been shocking in customer service as I’ve had to contact them about the crank arm falling off on the first ride & they can’t send me a new end cap so I can lock tight in on & sort it myself & pop one in the post without endless forms and emails as you can’t talk to them!

love the bike though even with one crank arm ?

F214DE3E-B896-4ADD-954B-64095CADDF37.jpeg

1A0A98B2-DB46-48B0-AD1F-C654F438835F.jpeg

22B86E36-28B9-448E-8465-83CB104B8342.jpeg

B3AF56E5-26DD-4BF9-B352-AC2F5A7651C8.jpeg

DDBB3978-71FB-4915-995B-CEA7B42BAA66.jpeg

Nov 21, 2020
Tucson, AZ
Just as an fyi when my crank arm fell off the first time I also lost the cap. It was at that time I went to my local bike shop and found that shimano hollowtech caps will also fit. Mostly all bike shops that do repairs and maintenance should have some of these caps in their parts. Good luck in your endeavours.

I completely agree that the e13 cranks issue is a real bummer. I am looking forward to the day that crank arms that fit the ep8 will be available to purchase aftermarket. I plan on picking up a set of shimano brand to replace the e13 ones.

As for the packaging... FedEx completely thrashed my box, but it was so well secured inside that the only real damage was a chafe at the top of the stem and a mark in the back of the battery where it looks like the bottle cage screw rubbed against it after being threaded in too far.

Fuch

Dec 13, 2020
Buckinghamshire
Just as an fyi when my crank arm fell off the first time I also lost the cap. It was at that time I went to my local bike shop and found that shimano hollowtech caps will also fit. Mostly all bike shops that do repairs and maintenance should have some of these caps in their parts. Good luck in your endeavours.

I completely agree that the e13 cranks issue is a real bummer. I am looking forward to the day that crank arms that fit the ep8 will be available to purchase aftermarket. I plan on picking up a set of shimano brand to replace the e13 ones.

As for the packaging... FedEx completely thrashed my box, but it was so well secured inside that the only real damage was a chafe at the top of the stem and a mark in the back of the battery where it looks like the bottle cage screw rubbed against it after being threaded in too far.
Thanks I’ll give that a go with cap & I’ve actually got a set of miranda cranks on order as I think even with thread lock they will keep working loose I’ve lost faith in them it seems to be a problem with the e13 cranks and lost all faith in crc to be honest!

thanks for the input fella!

Cisco

May 1, 2018
Elderslie
The joke with the CRC packaging is that when you buy a bike from them on Tri_Sport Resort, which often is only on the auction site due to being returned after damage in original transit, it is properly packaged against (further) damage.

Not fecking good enough. Not even close.

Nov 21, 2020
Tucson, AZ
Thanks I’ll give that a go with cap & I’ve actually got a set of miranda cranks on order as I think even with thread lock they will keep working loose I’ve lost faith in them it seems to be a problem with the e13 cranks and lost all faith in crc to be honest!

thanks for the input fella!

I am jealous, all the crank arms I find in the proper size for this thing are not available stateside as of yet. Found one store that would ship to me but the shipping cost as much as the cranks lol.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles