2021 Large Rail 9.8 AXS Fox Factory X2 230x57.5 conversion?

Jaybee59

Subscriber
Jul 1, 2021
Reno
Hey!
I am attempting to upgrade to a 2023 Factory X2. I have purchased 2 Fox mounting hardware kits. The upper kit is for the 54mm gap Fox #803-03-311, 10mm SS bushing, 9 piece. The lower kit is Fox #803-03-329, 10mm SS bushing, 9 piece. The OEM trunnion setup will necessitate the ordering of replacement shock mount thru bolts. The upper shock mount thru bolt is Trek # 599898, 69x10mm and lower Trek # 599898, 59x10mm. The kits must re-use the 3mm upper spacers and 5mm lower spacers from the trunnion mount OEM shock. I have included a pic showing the order of the "system".
I have pre-fitted the X2 using the Trek thru bolts. The air can comes very close (1/16") to the seat downtube. This install may not work. It is my hope that the press fit bushings, once installed, will alleviate this by centering the shock eyelets.
If anyone here has any suggestions before I begin the install...please chime in...Thanks all!
The photo depicts the upper mount system from Fox. I have yet to receive the lower assy. from WorldWideCyclery.

54MMUPPER.jpg

LeoVitt

Aug 10, 2022
Dominican Rep
Hey!
I am attempting to upgrade to a 2023 Factory X2. I have purchased 2 Fox mounting hardware kits. The upper kit is for the 54mm gap Fox #803-03-311, 10mm SS bushing, 9 piece. The lower kit is Fox #803-03-329, 10mm SS bushing, 9 piece. The OEM trunnion setup will necessitate the ordering of replacement shock mount thru bolts. The upper shock mount thru bolt is Trek # 599898, 69x10mm and lower Trek # 599898, 59x10mm. The kits must re-use the 3mm upper spacers and 5mm lower spacers from the trunnion mount OEM shock. I have included a pic showing the order of the "system".
I have pre-fitted the X2 using the Trek thru bolts. The air can comes very close (1/16") to the seat downtube. This install may not work. It is my hope that the press fit bushings, once installed, will alleviate this by centering the shock eyelets.
If anyone here has any suggestions before I begin the install...please chime in...Thanks all!
The photo depicts the upper mount system from Fox. I have yet to receive the lower assy. from WorldWideCyclery.

View attachment 91160
hello. thanks for your post .
i have a 2021 trek rail 9.7 and wish to upgrade the rear shock. my fisrt option is fox x2 like the one you have but have some concers.
can you tell me if you are having any trouble like the small air chamber touching the frame or the seat touching the rear wheel .
excuse my english .

Jaybee59

Subscriber
Jul 1, 2021
Reno
hello. thanks for your post .
i have a 2021 trek rail 9.7 and wish to upgrade the rear shock. my fisrt option is fox x2 like the one you have but have some concers.
can you tell me if you are having any trouble like the small air chamber touching the frame or the seat touching the rear wheel .
excuse my english .
Hello,
The can does not contact the seat down tube on a LARGE frame. I have no experience on the med or small.
Good luck!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles