Levo Gen 2 2020 Specialized Turbo Levo Brose Motor #4. Anyone having this problem?

Pacific Ryder

May 9, 2020
Northern California
This bike is 11 months old and I just got my 4th motor installed under warranty.

When I got it home and on the stand I noticed that there was a lot of sound and friction when peddling with the motor in the off position. It almost seems like the motor is built too tightly (if that is possible). Of course when the motor is on, it compensates for the added force to pedal. This has cost me a full bar of battery on my usual ride which is 24 miles and nearly 4,000' vert. I always ride in ECO and Trail with less than 5% in turbo. I took it to the local shop where I purchased it and they stated that they have experienced this once before but Specialized would not authorize a replacement until it failed.

When I contacted Rider Care, they told me to work this thru the local shop. I feel like I am stuck in a 3 way circle jerk.

Has anyone experienced anything similar with the motor being too tight or added friction to the pedal stroke after a new motor install? I often ride this bike until the battery is in the red so battery performance is important to me.

I don't think I should accept anything other than perfect. We all spend a lot of hard earned $ on these bikes.

Any feedback, suggestions, or info is appreciated.

Thanks....

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
It sounds a bit like the clutch isn't disengaging correctly ..

What's it like if you rotate the pedals backwards and also if you push the bike backwards (which rotates the chainring).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles