2020 Scott Genius E Ride 900 Tuned (Bosch Motor version) question

Dino

Oct 30, 2019
Devon
Hi people, two very quick questions before I go feet first into buying this beautiful bike. Does anyone know the weight of this model and can the additional battery be taken on and off easily once the bracket is fitted or is it a once on it stays on job as wasn’t sure if it’s permanently wired in. Thanks ?

fishcake

Sep 25, 2018
Yorkshire
Have the medium 910 so not carbon and it weighs 23.8kg.
I was going to get the piggyback battery option but on the medium there is not enough space for the battery to be removed so it’s permanently on the bike, On the Large there is enough room for the battery to be removed and you just have the mount plate on the bike.
I didn’t want the piggyback battery permanently on the bike so didn’t get it, but have found the range to be more then enough anyway, so no problem.

Mowas

May 30, 2020
New Zealand
Hi people, two very quick questions before I go feet first into buying this beautiful bike. Does anyone know the weight of this model and can the additional battery be taken on and off easily once the bracket is fitted or is it a once on it stays on job as wasn’t sure if it’s permanently wired in. Thanks ?
Hi I’ve just purchased this bike and was told it was around 24kg but since discovered a sticker on the down post stating 27kg
Also wasn’t told about weight limit at 128kg only allowing rider and gear to be 101kg
I’m 112 plus gear so hopefully not a problem. Beautiful bike and can’t wait to get out on a few trails

736E0B2F-FF51-48B3-AFB4-BD94E1FFF615.jpeg

20862C91-50BA-4CC1-8132-E4BD28C29F06.jpeg

fishcake

Sep 25, 2018
Yorkshire
Hi I’ve just purchased this bike and was told it was around 24kg but since discovered a sticker on the down post stating 27kg
Also wasn’t told about weight limit at 128kg only allowing rider and gear to be 101kg
I’m 112 plus gear so hopefully not a problem. Beautiful bike and can’t wait to get out on a few trails

View attachment 32361

View attachment 32362
My 910 had the same sticker on saying 27kg but I have weighed it myself and it’s 23.8kg so would expect the 900 to be around that or less.

Mowas

May 30, 2020
New Zealand
My 910 had the same sticker on saying 27kg but I have weighed it myself and it’s 23.8kg so would expect the 900 to be around that or less.
Wow massive difference and interesting they over estimate the true weight?
Has me curious to find out so will enquire with a mate to where I can get it weighed. I think your on the money as comparing the Gt amp that’s rated 24kg it’s very similar if not slightly lighter.

Dino

Oct 30, 2019
Devon
Hi all. Does anyone else who owns a Large 2020 Scott Genius ERide 900 Tuned have this gap on the downtube between the battery cover and the frame?

9D1F634C-7E41-4655-B052-9ED3F87BFB02.jpeg

Dino

Oct 30, 2019
Devon

View attachment 32361

View attachment 32362
Hi bud. QuicI question, do you have a gap on your down tube between the battery cover and the frame like this? Thanks.

F612281F-046B-443A-A000-8C469A58E460.jpeg

Dino

Oct 30, 2019
Devon
Sorry that was the bottom. Top off mine is a snug fit

View attachment 33210
Thanks bud, very odd, I popped into the LBS where they still had another large on sale and it had the same gap as mine yet yours is snug. I called Scott and they told me to speak to the LBS. I’m none the wiser as to whether it’s right or not..

Mowas

May 30, 2020
New Zealand
Thanks bud, very odd, I popped into the LBS where they still had another large on sale and it had the same gap as mine yet yours is snug. I called Scott and they told me to speak to the LBS. I’m none the wiser as to whether it’s right or not..
Interesting to say the least. Hopefully they can resolve the issue after all it is a top spec.
my Gt had Alignment issues but there was a big price difference.

swordsman11

Jun 23, 2020
Switzerland
They certainly look the part!!
Got a ride in Last week and mine went really well. Its in getting frame wrapped to protect the paint then all set. Enjoy your new weapon!
What did you use to wrap the frame? I contacted invisiframe and the let me know that they don't have a kit in my size (L) yet.

Mowas

May 30, 2020
New Zealand
What did you use to wrap the frame? I contacted invisiframe and the let me know that they don't have a kit in my size (L) yet.
Product call Dyno shield made by Stex. Paid for the company/ paint protection services to apply and they also offered 3m film but recommend the Dyno with the nano Propertys.

sandyman44

Jun 29, 2020
UK
just reference your battery alignment gap. I've had the battery lock out of mine a couple of times due to needing to move cables around and fitting the REX kit. There is a tolerance in the alignment of the lock of several mm, which affects exactly where the battery mates with it and whether its a nice snug fit, loose, or doesn't go in at all. Have a look and see if the lock is exactly in the right place . slightly loosen torx bolts on the underneath of the lock, move it a bit and feel how the battery mates as you lock it in. then retighten obviously. repeat until happy. however, I do have a bit of a gap as well. doesn't bother me.

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Interesting to say the least. Hopefully they can resolve the issue after all it is a top spec.
my Gt had Alignment issues but there was a big price difference.
You can loosen the battery cover and slide it to fit better. Looking at those pics it looks like it is sitting a little high.

My 900 tuned is 23.5kg with XTR pedals, a bottle cage and assorted frame wrap.

Heliboy99

Sep 18, 2019
Oslo, Norway
Just wanted you fellow tuned owners to know that I had my engine bolts break (!). My local shop mechanic guru replaced the bolts and used Loctite, worked for a week and then the bolts broke again. The entire engine was loose. Only 800 kms, REX-fitted. I blew both the chain and the cassette earlier this summer, but the engine bolt issue is quite serious. No savage riding, really. Will see what the Scott distributor has to say, if this is related to poor construction or not.

Mowas

May 30, 2020
New Zealand
Just wanted you fellow tuned owners to know that I had my engine bolts break (!). My local shop mechanic guru replaced the bolts and used Loctite, worked for a week and then the bolts broke again. The entire engine was loose. Only 800 kms, REX-fitted. I blew both the chain and the cassette earlier this summer, but the engine bolt issue is quite serious. No savage riding, really. Will see what the Scott distributor has to say, if this is related to poor construction or not.

Mowas

May 30, 2020
New Zealand
Interesting and thanks for the heads up.
I’ve recently had the motor bolts removed and Loctite applied after I noticed a horrible rattle in the carbon while riding. So far no issues But still waiting on headset parts so will get everything Rechecked. Did you get it covered under warranty or pay yourself?
I was told it wasn’t covered under warranty for those types of issues so payed for the labour myself

Heliboy99

Sep 18, 2019
Oslo, Norway
I’ve recently had the motor bolts removed and Loctite applied after I noticed a horrible rattle in the carbon while riding. So far no issues But still waiting on headset parts so will get everything Rechecked. Did you get it covered under warranty or pay yourself?
I was told it wasn’t covered under warranty for those types of issues so payed for the labour myself
The first repair I paid for myself at my local bike shop which has an awesome mechanic guru, and I was in a hurry to get it back out on the trails, but he said this would clearly be a warranty issue (in Norway we have 2 years unlimited warranty). So today I drove the bike at the back of my car to the Norwegian distributor and left the bike there for their repair attempt. They will have to deal with the issue towards Scott HQ for eventual claim and replacement. I know they only make 1800 of these frames globally, and I have the rare XL-frame.... As a consumer, we have fairly strong rights up here in the North, so crossing my fingers. The local mech guru said the entire engine mount solution on the frame looked "simple", and he was not surprised to see the bolts and mounts rip apart. There is quite some torque going on....

Mowas

May 30, 2020
New Zealand
The first repair I paid for myself at my local bike shop which has an awesome mechanic guru, and I was in a hurry to get it back out on the trails, but he said this would clearly be a warranty issue (in Norway we have 2 years unlimited warranty). So today I drove the bike at the back of my car to the Norwegian distributor and left the bike there for their repair attempt. They will have to deal with the issue towards Scott HQ for eventual claim and replacement. I know they only make 1800 of these frames globally, and I have the rare XL-frame.... As a consumer, we have fairly strong rights up here in the North, so crossing my fingers. The local mech guru said the entire engine mount solution on the frame looked "simple", and he was not surprised to see the bolts and mounts rip apart. There is quite some torque going on....
Ok thanks for that update, will definitely keep an eye on it and mention this to my lbs when the parts to fix the headset arrive. Concerning the issues this bike has but when it’s reliable I absolutely love it.
please keep us updated with your warranty and repair moving forward.

Bojan

Aug 11, 2021
Slovenia
Zanimivo in hvala za opozorilo.
Pred kratkim so mi odstranili vijake motorja in nanesli Loctite, potem ko sem med vožnjo opazil grozljivo ropotanje karbona. Zaenkrat ni težav, vendar še vedno čakam na dele slušalk, tako da bo vse ponovno preverjeno. Si ga dobil v garanciji ali si plačal sam?
Povedali so mi, da to ni zajeto v garanciji za te vrste težav, zato sem delo plačal sam
[/KVOTA]

Hello
also my bike (Scott Genius eRide 900 - 2020) has a horrible popping sound in the engine, crank or frame. The mechanic examined the matter and found no fault, the bearings are ok. Popping occurs every time the right pedal is pressed above 170 watts.
Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles