2020 Levo > Heckler

JetSedgwick

E*POWAH Master
Aug 29, 2020
Lake Tahoe California
Just to follow up on my other thread about the Heckler being better than the 2018 Levo...I've since purchased a 2020 Levo and it's my opinion that the 2020 Levo is an improvement over the 2018. The Heckler is still way better than its spec sheet would lead you to believe but my personal preference is the 2020 Levo.

Mostly it's about the motor/battery. 700 W/hr battery is nice. I'm sure the new Heckler will have the new EP8 Shimano motor and a larger battery.

Velociraptor

Oct 10, 2020
Pacific Northwest
I have a Heckler and all my riding buddies have Levo and I agree with you. The Heckler shines in tight stuff, but on big mountain climbs the Brose motor and big battery on the Levo are great. I have to carry a spare battery with the Heckler. Also the 29ers are better for steep rooty tech downhill stuff. I tried switching the 29 front end from my SC Megatower onto the Heckler and it really helped. I ordered a 29 fork and wheel to make the Heckler a permanent mullet:) I am planning on adding a Turbo Kenevo Expert but at the moment in the USA they are not available. I am hoping the new Kenevo has a 29er front too.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles