2020 Kenevo 220mm Hope Adapter

Dpickin1

Oct 2, 2019
Israel
I have just spent the last 45 min going through the forums before posting here and could not find the answer I am looking for.

I have a 2020 kenevo (180 boxxer) running Saint brakes. I am about to buy a Hope 220mm rotor and am completely confused as to which adapter to use. I think the shimano 180 PS adapter is the one but would appreciate if one of the forum experts could confirm.

Bonus question: what adapter do I need to run a 220mm rotor in the back (Saint brakes)

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
One more thing: why do you consider 220mm rotor on rear wheel? IMHO 220 is way overkill for the rear wheel, 200 or even 180mm on the back should do the job just fine ...

Dpickin1

Oct 2, 2019
Israel
One more thing: why do you consider 220mm rotor on rear wheel? IMHO 220 is way overkill for the rear wheel, 200 or even 180mm on the back should do the job just fine ...
I am a pretty heavy guy and even with Saints have yet to be totally satisfied with braking performance. Hoping that the 220s will do the trick.

Spagnol

May 2, 2019
Italy
I am a pretty heavy guy and even with Saints have yet to be totally satisfied with braking performance. Hoping that the 220s will do the trick.

I'm running magura's 220 front and rear with saints . Lots of modulation ( saints are really on/off on small rotors ) and heat dissipation is awesome ... go for it !!

In case you have some doubt about clearance ... In the rear there are more that 3 mm of clearance on the left side arm so you're completely fine ( the saint caliper have only 1,5 mm of lateral clearance ... so the caliper will always block the disk before hitting the arm in case of deformation)

Dpickin1

Oct 2, 2019
Israel
I'm running magura's 220 front and rear with saints . Lots of modulation ( saints are really on/off on small rotors ) and heat dissipation is awesome ... go for it !!

In case you have some doubt about clearance ... In the rear there are more that 3 mm of clearance on the left side arm so you're completely fine ( the saint caliper have only 1,5 mm of lateral clearance ... so the caliper will always block the disk before hitting the arm in case of deformation)
Nice!!!! Thats what I wanted to hear, appreciate the heads-up.

Shane(NZ)

Sep 4, 2019
NewZealand
Do you have a link for the hope 220 rotor?
I didn't realise hope did a 220mm I have a hope 225mm but thats on a trek powerfly. Use the std 200 on rear, I'm over 110kg the larger rotor does hold in there for longer.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles