BenRoberts_EMTB

Author
Jun 8, 2019
Snowdonia
Also posted in the General section of the forum.

Hi all,

Check out my review of the Vitus E-Sommet VRX.

I'm also promoting my business Ebike Adventures so likes and subscribes would be very much appreciated.

And if you would like to try out an E-Sommet or E-Escarpe in Snowdonia when the lockdown is lifted then get in touch.
I will be providing a discount for forum members soon.

Also let me know what you'd like to see next. I need some ideas to get the channel off the ground.

Cheers,

Ben

StuE

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jun 4, 2018
Leeds
Difficult times to try and launch a new business, hard to know ideas wise given the current restrictions

BenRoberts_EMTB

Author
Jun 8, 2019
Snowdonia
Difficult times to try and launch a new business, hard to know ideas wise given the current restrictions

This is true Stu. We started the business at the start of the year but it's all now on hold sadly.

Thanks for your kind words.

RocketMagnet

Dec 16, 2018
UK
Really good video and I'd suspect with responsible people being trapped indoors for so many weeks then outdoor pursuits may boom once things start returning to normal. I'm regretting those missed rides now when I sat on the sofa instead of going out on the bike.

Personally I strip all bikes down and rebuild as I've you just don't know if somethings been missed. I've got a 2019 VR and basically built it back from the ground up to make sure... I've had LBSs miss stuff and as i'm not working to a schedule £/hr I can actually spend more time.

I also found the previous years bike a handful to slow down but a key thing is it's really stable through rough terrain.. well that's with the RS fork and shock though of which this bike converted me from riding only Fox.

I've had no real issues with the glory hole, I just keep it clean, use compressed air then contact cleaner and occasionally pop the non drive side cover to check for gravel but it's always been ok for me in well over a year so far.

As for the lock, I attached my key to my van keys but i'm sure the key section could be modified to make it just a twist lock.. without the need for a key.

The only advantage for the large cog on the back is if you lost or ran out of power... then you may be thankful its there. Rear derailleurs are a always at risk irrespective IMO, I've destroyed brand new ones on their first rides then i've had them last years.. its just luck. If it's moving then double check it's all toprqued up properly and it is just play in the cage, maybe they forgot the thread lock on the relevant bolts.

Good luck with the channel.. if you can keep those production levels then i'm sure you'll be sucessful.

BenRoberts_EMTB

Author
Jun 8, 2019
Snowdonia
Really good video and I'd suspect with responsible people being trapped indoors for so many weeks then outdoor pursuits may boom once things start returning to normal. I'm regretting those missed rides now when I sat on the sofa instead of going out on the bike.

Personally I strip all bikes down and rebuild as I've you just don't know if somethings been missed. I've got a 2019 VR and basically built it back from the ground up to make sure... I've had LBSs miss stuff and as i'm not working to a schedule £/hr I can actually spend more time.

I also found the previous years bike a handful to slow down but a key thing is it's really stable through rough terrain.. well that's with the RS fork and shock though of which this bike converted me from riding only Fox.

I've had no real issues with the glory hole, I just keep it clean, use compressed air then contact cleaner and occasionally pop the non drive side cover to check for gravel but it's always been ok for me in well over a year so far.

As for the lock, I attached my key to my van keys but i'm sure the key section could be modified to make it just a twist lock.. without the need for a key.

The only advantage for the large cog on the back is if you lost or ran out of power... then you may be thankful its there. Rear derailleurs are a always at risk irrespective IMO, I've destroyed brand new ones on their first rides then i've had them last years.. its just luck. If it's moving then double check it's all toprqued up properly and it is just play in the cage, maybe they forgot the thread lock on the relevant bolts.

Good luck with the channel.. if you can keep those production levels then i'm sure you'll be sucessful.

Thank you for your detailed reply Rocket.
I've been meaning to have a look at the rear mech for a while now. You know when something just works you kinda skip over it. Thats me all the time.

More vids to come. Lets see where it goes...

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Theres a trick you can do with the key, that I used to do when I built custom bikes, but it will involve modifying one of the keys - basically you strip the key down to the blade, then epoxy it into a bottle cap or similar, and leave it in the lock, similar to this pic:

Screenshot 2020-04-11 at 18.21.42.png

Lawson

Mar 11, 2019
UK
Great video Ben. Covers it all nicely and in a way that didn't seem like 10mins.
Well played dude.?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles