2019 Powerfly FS 7 Plus

ThePete

Oct 16, 2019
Dublin, CA
Looking for feedback in regards to a 2019 Powerfly FS 7 Plus. I currently have a giant trance e2 and am looking to pick up another ebike. I’m wondering how well the brakes, hubs, and stock fork have held up on this version of the powerfly. Thanks!

alexis

Founding Member
Jan 26, 2018
Cyprus
Had my Trek Powerfly FS7 Plus since Feb 2019 and did almost 3000 faultless kms here in Cyprus - cannot praise it enough - it has been faultless. The "only" issue that I've had on my Volt-coloured example is some stone chipping on it's lower section around the crank area. I'm 96kg (without camera gear, heavy backpack etc) and the stock brakes have enough stopping power to slow down this crazy 60-year-old "recycled teenager". The fork has on rare occasions bottomed out after a big drop or a jump but I think it needs a little pumping up. Also the elusive "head-wind-effect" on the Bosch Gen3 engine is barely a breeze and often completely unnoticeable when it cuts off at 25kph.
20190421_104139.jpg

ThePete

Oct 16, 2019
Dublin, CA
Thanks so much for the reply! Just needed a bit of assurance on this one. My giant 2019 E, which I’m keeping, had some hub and brake issues so I was trying to sniff out any potential costs that I might incur on upgrades. The powerfly arrives in store on Friday so now the hard part will be 1) telling my wife I’m the proud owner of 2 ebikes, or 2) stashing it at work. ?‍♂️

Thanks again!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles