2019 levo TCU test

fletch

May 12, 2020
lancs
Guys , is there a surefire way to test if a tcu is ok? my 19 levo has been pretty faultless until recently only requiring an updated charging cable, however recently it has started not turning on by the tcu so i have to turn it on by opening and shutting the charge port door. just prior to this it was being a bit funny and not powering down from the tcu ( well it would but then it would power back up straight away so i had to shut it down via the charging port door). i have removed it and had it on the radiator overnight which made no difference and im fairly sure its not the battery/ motor lead as its currently running a trailwatts extender lead there. its not shown any funky flashing light errors or anything like that either. i can borrow one or try mine on another bike but im unsure whether that would put a fault code on either mine or my mates bike ( hence asking here before i do that). Any advice or suggestions welcome ( apart from off sarcastic people) , before i have to part with £150 for a new one.i did wonder whether it was due a software update via mission control or anything like that but i guess thats just wishful thinking Thanks.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles