2019 Kenevo Rear Mudguard

Master_G

Oct 13, 2019
Gloucester
I've used the search bar, not found anything concise about which rear guard fits well enough. (Point me to any threads if I've missed one)

I'm fed up of having stones make their way between the frame and swingarms and wrecking the paint, only had the bike 3 weeks and already got 3 lumps of paint missing.

Has anyone got pictures of a rear mudguard which works? I did try a enduroguard but it kept moving and scuffing even more paint where it touched.

Pictures would be appreciated!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I've used the search bar, not found anything concise about which rear guard fits well enough. (Point me to any threads if I've missed one)

I'm fed up of having stones make their way between the frame and swingarms and wrecking the paint, only had the bike 3 weeks and already got 3 lumps of paint missing.

Has anyone got pictures of a rear mudguard which works? I did try a enduroguard but it kept moving and scuffing even more paint where it touched.

Pictures would be appreciated!
Search for title : official turbo kenevo.

Mud hugger front race , which is tried by several and mucky nutz * 2 looks to work ok. Just read the last 2 or 3 pages

Master_G

Oct 13, 2019
Gloucester
Search for title : official turbo kenevo.

Mud hugger front race , which is tried by several and mucky nutz * 2 looks to work ok. Just read the last 2 or 3 pages

Thanks, I saw that but it seemed quite vague if it worked or not, if it's the only option then that's what I'll go for though.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I put the Mug hugger front race on. I trimmed it down so it stopped at the bottom pivot point - the down side to that is that as the suspension moves, the gap opens up and crap capillaries into the pivot area. Someone else did say they'd managed to put one on without cutting it, which would work better, I wasn't sure it would fit without being trimmed, but maybe it does. If you did that you'd want to tape the bike up where the guard would rub as the suspension compresses.

Christians twin guards probably looks like the best solution as it completely closes the gap and you don't end up with a guard potentially rubbing against paint/metal - they would only be rubbing against each other.

I think if I was doing it again, I'd go that way.

The mudhugger method does still significantly reduce forward flung crap though.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles