2019 Kenevo Expert

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Just checked with Tredz on a delivery date and they've now told me the blue 2019 Kenevo Expert has been discontinued!?

So I've now opted for the black version which they do have in stock, hopefully will be with me on Friday.

I was nearly tempted to go for the new Levo Carbon Comp at one point which is a similar price...any thoughts or should I definitely stick with the Kenevo?
If you want your bike now then get the Kenevo.
There is a waiting list for the new 2019 Levo’s and it will only get longer as the hours/days pass

huw_seers

Sep 10, 2018
Cardiff
I can wait if it means I get the right bike.

I think I'm gonna try and change the order for the Levo Comp Carbon or maybe even the Expert in the morning. Hoping i've made the right decision.

May not need BLEvo after all.

Dusty

Jul 14, 2018
Liverpool
I can wait if it means I get the right bike.

I think I'm gonna try and change the order for the Levo Comp Carbon or maybe even the Expert in the morning. Hoping i've made the right decision.

May not need BLEvo after all.
Hahahahhaa you sound like your in the same predicament as me ....Should I shouldn't I

Studo

Aug 25, 2018
Bristol
I'm 2 months and 900km into ownership of a 2018 matt black kenevo and cannot praise the bike highly enough. In terms of whether a kenevo is the right bike for you really does depend on what type of riding you intend to do. If you have no intention of riding downhill trails or hitting the bigger jumps at the bike parks then the levo is probably the better option.

However if you do like it rough ☺ and enjoy a bit of airtime then a kenevo allows you to do this as well as everything that a levo can offer. I have commuted on my kenevo, ridden a 70 km XC trial, ridden with mates with analogue bikes and with forum members on here all of whom had levos. It really is a do anything bike.

Yes the kenevo is heavier and gives you a harder workout when wrestling it around as things get spicy, but for me that only adds to the appeal.

Studo

Aug 25, 2018
Bristol
I am free next weekend on Sunday if you don’t mind me tagging along? It will be my first trip to BPW on an ebike. What day were you thinking?

I believe there are two routes to get to the top, Beast of Burden (c1 - yellow route on the map) and DH push up
(c5 - yellow route on the map).
I have not tried the DH push up route before but I figure if someone with a DH bike can push their bike up this route we in theory should be able to ride up it.
I will call BPW today to confirm if we are allowed to take this route on ebikes as it is a much shorter and could possibly save a bit of time getting to the top and maybe a bit of battery?

Beast of Burden is still a good route to do regardless as you can drop down Terrys belly i7 Blue route, Popty ping i8 Blue route or Hot stepper a8 Red route or just head to the top. View attachment 5144
Hi Chris, let me know next time your doing BPW. I cant come this weekend as the kenevo is back with spesh hopefully having a new motor fitted but did it last weekend on my tod. Managed 4 top to bottom runs plus 2 small climbs to get back up to pikidy pong from a full charge in about 2.5 hours. I was done by then anyway...struggling to keep a grip on the bars!

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Hi @Dax
As the weather is looking a bit crap on Sunday at BPW I am thinking of going to BPW on Monday instead. Are you free? if not, I will do a solo ride.

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Hi Chris, let me know next time your doing BPW. I cant come this weekend as the kenevo is back with spesh hopefully having a new motor fitted but did it last weekend on my tod. Managed 4 top to bottom runs plus 2 small climbs to get back up to pikidy pong from a full charge in about 2.5 hours. I was done by then anyway...struggling to keep a grip on the bars!
I will let you know mate, as the weather is looking crap this weekend I am thinking of going to BPW on Monday now.
What’s going on with your motor? Is it getting noisier?

Studo

Aug 25, 2018
Bristol
Same as when you heard it on the Brechfa ride.

Likewise i will let you know when im heading to BPW. Im saving the pennies for a 2nd battery so hopefully will have one for next time.

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Same as when you heard it on the Brechfa ride.

Likewise i will let you know when im heading to BPW. Im saving the pennies for a 2nd battery so hopefully will have one for next time.
That would be great Studo, I will see how I go on Monday. Sounds like I will have enough battery power to do 10 climbs and possibly a bit more ?
Were you using Trail mode for the climbs?

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Hi @Dax
As the weather is looking a bit crap on Sunday at BPW I am thinking of going to BPW on Monday instead. Are you free? if not, I will do a solo ride.

I'm busy this weekend and have to work Monday...may be able to do Monday morning, will see what my diary looks like :)

@Doomanic its looking kinda wet this weekend...

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
It's only mud dude, MTFU! :p

I'll bring you a pack of these;
maxresdefault.jpg

:ROFLMAO:

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
No worries, I have a 2 hour drive to get to you so not too early if that is ok. I can get there for 10ish
Looks like it's just us. 10ish at Pedalabikeaway is fine by me. If anything changes, pm either way.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
I'll see how much I get done tomorrow and how much I drink sat night ;) what trails are you thinking @Doomanic ?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Staunton, I haven't crashed for a week... :eek:

Ha ha, dunno yet mate, depends on who's going.

Reactions: Dax

huw_seers

Sep 10, 2018
Cardiff
Well the Kenevo has landed...

20180923_180353.jpg

I stuck by my original decision and didn't swap the order for the new Levo.

I've had just over an hours ride on the Kenevo this evening and I cant stop smiling! Did just over twenty miles across some woods and country park footpaths close to home.

I think my immediate next purchase will be some mudguards. Can anyone recommend some? I was thinking of the Front Race Mudhugger, I think I've seen somewhere on the forum that one of these can also be cut to size for the back also?

I used BLEvo for the ride but I cant upload it to Strava for some reason? When I click "upload to strava" in BLEvo nothing happens. Is there something else I should be doing?

20180923_180307.jpg

UKPHOTO

May 21, 2018
United Kingdom
Well the Kenevo has landed...

View attachment 5483

I stuck by my original decision and didn't swap the order for the new Levo.

I've had just over an hours ride on the Kenevo this evening and I cant stop smiling! Did just over twenty miles across some woods and country park footpaths close to home.

I think my immediate next purchase will be some mudguards. Can anyone recommend some? I was thinking of the Front Race Mudhugger, I think I've seen somewhere on the forum that one of these can also be cut to size for the back also?

I used BLEvo for the ride but I cant upload it to Strava for some reason? When I click "upload to strava" in BLEvo nothing happens. Is there something else I should be doing?

View attachment 5482
Good choice and great colour!

20180908_170756.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles