2019 Kenevo Expert

huw_seers

Sep 10, 2018
Cardiff
Hi, Just a quick hello, been lurking for about a month on the forum and took the plunge over the weekend and purchased a Kenevo Expert from Tredz, live just outside Cardiff and can't wait to take it to Bike Park Wales if I can pluck up the courage.

My last bike was a Carrera Kraken and only used it on tarmac really!

Botts101

Patreon
Jun 26, 2018
Carlsbad, California
Hi, Just a quick hello, been lurking for about a month on the forum and took the plunge over the weekend and purchased a Kenevo Expert from Tredz, live just outside Cardiff and can't wait to take it to Bike Park Wales if I can pluck up the courage.

Oh man - your life is about to change.....The Kenevo is UNREAL. Congrats!!

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Can't wait to take it to Bike Park Wales if I can pluck up the courage.

Take Beast of Burden on the way up and stick to the blues on the way down and you'll have a great day :)

@Doomanic and I could probably be talked into a day out there

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Let me think about about it for a moment. OK, done. I'm in!

huw_seers

Sep 10, 2018
Cardiff
The Kenevo doesn't arrive until the end of next week :(

However, I have utilised this lag time by reading more of the forum threads and YouTube etc and have now also ordered:

Rev Grips
Fox Tailgate Pad
Chest Heart Rate Monitor
Downloaded BLEvo

But have managed to stop myself short of ordering cush cores and a Bike Yoke Revive dropper post as I'm not quite sure if these are necessary/too complicated for now.

Last edited:

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
The Kenevo doesn't arrive until the end of next week :(

However, I have utilised this lag time by reading more of the forum threads and YouTube etc and have now also ordered:

Rev Grips
Fox Tailgate Pad

But have managed to stop myself short of ordering cush cores and a Bike Yoke Revive dropper post as I'm not quite sure if these are necessary/too complicated for now.

I am free next weekend on Sunday if you don’t mind me tagging along? It will be my first trip to BPW on an ebike. What day were you thinking?

I believe there are two routes to get to the top, Beast of Burden (c1 - yellow route on the map) and DH push up
(c5 - yellow route on the map).
I have not tried the DH push up route before but I figure if someone with a DH bike can push their bike up this route we in theory should be able to ride up it.
I will call BPW today to confirm if we are allowed to take this route on ebikes as it is a much shorter and could possibly save a bit of time getting to the top and maybe a bit of battery?

Beast of Burden is still a good route to do regardless as you can drop down Terrys belly i7 Blue route, Popty ping i8 Blue route or Hot stepper a8 Red route or just head to the top.
4E17876E-1C3A-4B78-91C2-39A77B52EA06.jpeg

R80

Aug 19, 2018
UK
I am free next weekend on Sunday if you don’t mind me tagging along? It will be my first trip to BPW on an ebike. What day were you thinking?

I believe there are two routes to get to the top, Beast of Burden (c1 - yellow route on the map) and DH push up
(c5 - yellow route on the map).
I have not tried the DH push up route before but I figure if someone with a DH bike can push their bike up this route we in theory should be able to ride up it.
I will call BPW today to confirm if we are allowed to take this route on ebikes as it is a much shorter and could possibly save a bit of time getting to the top and maybe a bit of battery?

Beast of Burden is still a good route to do regardless as you can drop down Terrys belly i7 Blue route, Popty ping i8 Blue route or Hot stepper a8 Red route or just head to the top. View attachment 5144
The fire road that runs mostly along side of beast of burden is much quicker to the top ;) I’ve not been up the push up on an ebike but I’ve pushed up there,it’s very steep but I reckon most of it would be rideable on an ebike

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
The fire road that runs mostly along side of beast of burden is much quicker to the top ;) I’ve not been up the push up on an ebike but I’ve pushed up there,it’s very steep but I reckon most of it would be rideable on an ebike
Thanks for the heads up, I have ridden up the fire road a few times in the past but I had not noticed the DH push up route until today. I guess if BPW will let us ride up this route it gives us another option as it is 2.2 kms v 4.6 kms

Allysnell

Sep 16, 2018
Winchester

He he me too, they are an awesome bit of kit! I've been eyeing up some of the vids from bike park Wales, I think I need quite a bit of practice first lol, work on the confidence more than anything.

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
He he me too, they are an awesome bit of kit! I've been eyeing up some of the vids from bike park Wales, I think I need quite a bit of practice first lol, work on the confidence more than anything.

The Blue runs at BPW would be a really good starting point to build your confidence if you have not been on a bike for a while or have not been to BPW before.
It a great day out and even better if you have a spare battery available.

MarkH

Patreon
Aug 12, 2018
Manchester
Thanks for the heads up, I have ridden up the fire road a few times in the past but I had not noticed the DH push up route until today. I guess if BPW will let us ride up this route it gives us another option as it is 2.2 kms v 4.6 kms
It would be an interesting exercise to see if the shorter but steeper route actually results in less battery drain than the flatter but longer route.

Reactions: Dax

huw_seers

Sep 10, 2018
Cardiff
That's its I'm not reading anymore reviews until the bike arrives....also now ordered:

Kryptonite new york m18 bike lock
AfterShokz Trekz Titanium Headphones

Although I do still need a helmet, gloves and a ground anchor.

I can't make BPW next weekend as I'm away for my birthday, I may need a month or so practice before I feel comfortable enough to risk BPW anyway!

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Far enough @huw_seers. Have a great birthday.
@Dax and @Doomanic and anyone else, are you up for BPW on Sunday?
I am going to make my way there regardless, the weather is looking okay as well but as you know it is Wales and anything could happen ?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Not this side of my holiday, sorry. Cash and crash are the reasons...

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
Might be able to, I'll see what we've got on at the weekend, not ridden bpw in ages.

Generally I find a mix of beast of burden and fire Road is best when cycling on a regular bike. Take the first loop of beast of burden to miss the really steep part, then fire Road to the top. We've tested a few times and it's quicker to ride that loop than push the fire road, on enduro bikes anyway.

Be very very careful with bikes at bpw, don't let them out of your sight, even if you are close by. Mate of a mate had his bike grabbed by some a scrote while he was changing. Ended up getting in a scrap with the scrotes mates when he tried to stop him and got quite a kicking, but luckily some nearby riders stopped to help and a couple of the scummers legged it and they cable tied up the third one and beat the crap out of him with a track pump.

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Might be able to, I'll see what we've got on at the weekend, not ridden bpw in ages.

Generally I find a mix of beast of burden and fire Road is best when cycling on a regular bike. Take the first loop of beast of burden to miss the really steep part, then fire Road to the top. We've tested a few times and it's quicker to ride that loop than push the fire road, on enduro bikes anyway.

Be very very careful with bikes at bpw, don't let them out of your sight, even if you are close by. Mate of a mate had his bike grabbed by some a scrote while he was changing. Ended up getting in a scrap with the scrotes mates when he tried to stop him and got quite a kicking, but luckily some nearby riders stopped to help and a couple of the scummers legged it and they cable tied up the third one and beat the crap out of him with a track pump.

I have not ridden BPW for about a year and that was on my acoustic so it going to be a bit of a different experience.

No worries if you can’t make it as I am happy doing a solo ride.

Very worrying about security for the bikes though if you have blatant scrotes sniffing around looking for oppurtunities to nick your bike....... I might try to get there really early so I can park up the top near the trail centre building. ?

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
No worries if you can’t make it as I am happy doing a solo ride.

I'll see how things are going, I've not ridden in a few weeks and really missing it!

Look out for vans driving slowly through the car park, if they see something they like, one jumps out the back, grabs a bike, throws it in and off they go

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
I'll see how things are going, I've not ridden in a few weeks and really missing it!

Look out for vans driving slowly through the car park, if they see something they like, one jumps out the back, grabs a bike, throws it in and off they go
No worries Dax, like I said happy to solo it. What bike are you riding? Do you have a spare battery?

Re Car Park, I think BPW need to sort this out pretty sharpish and up their security this is not a good situation.

Dusty

Jul 14, 2018
Liverpool
Off topic slightly but as I am looking to do all round cycling ..odd commute would the kenevo still fit or best with 150mm travel instead

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
No worries Dax, like I said happy to solo it. What bike are you riding? Do you have a spare battery?

Kenevo. No spare battery.

Off topic slightly but as I am looking to do all round cycling ..odd commute would the kenevo still fit or best with 150mm travel instead

Depends what you consider all round cycling and how long a commute. Kevneo would definitely be overkill if you ride a bunch of trail center blues and have a 5 mile tarmac commute. If your ride a bunch of DH trails, off piste, drops, blacks and reds, and have a tarmac commute occasionally, then the Kenevo would be great. Similarly if you want to work up to riding harder, more technical stuff, the Kenevo is a great bike.

I certainly have no regrets with my Kenevo, I kinda take the ‘why not’ view with the 180mm travel, although its more than I initially planned. Robs ‘18 carbon Levo is noticibily lighter than my Kenevo, but you dont really notice the weight of the Kenevo when your riding it.

Dusty

Jul 14, 2018
Liverpool
Kenevo. No spare battery.

Depends what you consider all round cycling and how long a commute. Kevneo would definitely be overkill if you ride a bunch of trail center blues and have a 5 mile tarmac commute. If your ride a bunch of DH trails, off piste, drops, blacks and reds, and have a tarmac commute occasionally, then the Kenevo would be great. Similarly if you want to work up to riding harder, more technical stuff, the Kenevo is a great bike.

I certainly have no regrets with my Kenevo, I kinda take the ‘why not’ view with the 180mm travel, although its more than I initially planned. Robs ‘18 carbon Levo is noticibily lighter than my Kenevo, but you dont really notice the weight of the Kenevo when your riding it.

I will eventually be doing everything from adventure ..canal paths ..tarmac ..and lead upto llan deglar routes

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
I have 3 batteries 1 x 504 and 2 x 460 so if you can make it on Sunday you can use one of my 460s if you want and we will be able to almost double our ascents.
If you can’t make it I think I will get quite a few climbs in ?

huw_seers

Sep 10, 2018
Cardiff
Is there anywhere to get an additional 504wh battery from at a discount?

List price is £715 everywhere online.

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Is there anywhere to get an additional 504wh battery from at a discount?

List price is £715 everywhere online.
Not seen anywhere except on Ebay.
However, be aware!
If you purchase one you will have to pick it up from whoever you bought it from as it is extremely difficult to get it delivered to you.

huw_seers

Sep 10, 2018
Cardiff
Just checked with Tredz on a delivery date and they've now told me the blue 2019 Kenevo Expert has been discontinued!?

So I've now opted for the black version which they do have in stock, hopefully will be with me on Friday.

I was nearly tempted to go for the new Levo Carbon Comp at one point which is a similar price...any thoughts or should I definitely stick with the Kenevo?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles