2018 Turbo Levo Base VS Comp Model Differences.

nbaczek

May 3, 2018
Hi, I’m looking to buy a 2018 Turbo Levo FSR in the next week or two. I’m trying to justify if it’s worth another $1,000 for the Comp Vs the base model? To me it’s looks like there are 3 main differences between the two.

The base does not have a dropper post, has a smaller battery, and a lower model rear derailleur? Everything else seems the same from what I can see. I can buy a dropper for $150 and upgrade derailleur when needed. Doesn’t seem like it’s worth the extra $1,000 as I won’t be on the bike for hours and hours at a time so the larger battery is not a concern.

I would love to hear your thoughts on why or why I should t go with the base model? From what I know the weight is almost identical too.

Thanks
Nate

Beanieuk

Mar 31, 2018
Hertfordshire
I think it comes with what you have said but also a better fork and better brakes as well. I was going to go for the comp over the standard but have just got a ex demo carbon comp for the same price.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
When i was looking at levos i remember doing similar math and concluding the comp was worth the extra, especially if you can get a bit off it. At the time i was looking most places seemed to be willing to knock £200 off the price, but that was much earlier in the year.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Totally worth going for the Comp over the base. Better components and battery. Out of the range I still think that the comp is the best bang for buck. Carbon is another £750 for nothing other than carbon and 500g weight saving (which on an ebike is negligible).

However ? we all succomb to bling and I purchased the Carbon (just because, carbon :love:).

nbaczek

May 3, 2018
My shop said he could knock 10-12% off the top of the base model for a total of $4,047.00. I think this is a good deal on a 2018 then add a dropper post.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
It is a good deal. IF you could get the Comp down (aim for around 15%) then I’d seriously recommend that (better spec all round).

Also, no need to spend extra on dropper etc.

But, it’s a lot of $$$ still.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
The base model has a smaller battery doesn't it?

comtn

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2018
Colorado Springs
If you ride hard the fork and at least front brake will need to be upgraded to stay out of the bushes. I've upgraded the wife's base using kick down parts and the brakes are lacking for sure. If you have the money just be done with it and get the comp unless you like to tinker with things. The fork that comes on the comp isn't anything to write home about so you could start with a base and get a premium fork like a lyrik.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles