Surrey, UK
33BDD001-7A1B-401C-8DC2-FC3F71566578.jpeg

Manufacturer: Specialized
Model: Turbo Levo Comp Carbon
Model Year: 2018
Price Paid: £4700
New/Used: Brand New
Score (out of 10): 9

Review: This was our very first EMTB. Having owned a number of bikes over the past 20 years the thought of having one with an electric motor was a little strange. Biking is supposed to be totally manual, human powered, right? Having personally been riding a Specialized Stumpjumper Carbon I really wanted to get my wife into biking a bit more. She’s not an active cyclist and I wondered if getting one with a motor would allow us to enjoy cycling time together. So we visited a dealer and took a look at some of bikes of the electric variety.

We eventually settled on the Levo Comp Carbon. I really like Specialized as a brand. They are definitely more expensive than competitors, but I feel that they put a lot of R&D into their bikes and they are backed up by an excellent warranty (in my experience they will go out of their way to make sure you are satisfied).

So, onto the Levo. Well, after one ride on this bike I was hooked. Even though it is not actually mine and a bit too small for me (I’m 6’3”) and this is a Large (I need an XL!) I felt totally at home on it. Similar in style the Stumpjumper, immediately feeling to me like a ‘regular’ bike. I’m now hooked on it. The bike to me is amazing. It is equipped with SRAM GX, Rockshox Revelation forks, Monarch shock, SRAM Guide RE brakes, Specialized’s own dropper post and a 504kw battery that’s good for around 30 miles with a mixture or trail/turbo settings. I’ve yet to do a ride where I’ve needed more range but if I did I’d reduce the assistance levels, I think I could easily get 40+ miles out of this.

I’ve unfortunately fallen off this bike 3 times, quite badly bruised myself on one side. I put this down to the extra weight that the bike carries, it being a bit too small for me (too front weighted) and my riding style not talented enough to change my riding characteristics quick enough vs an analogue bike. I’ve had one issue with the assistance button (mode selector) but my Specialized dealer are going to replace the entire fixture for a new one for me as soon as I get round to taking it to my local store

So, did I rate the bike? Yes. So much that I ordered an Expert model for myself, in XL. And this bike inspired me to create this community too :cool:.

Last edited:

Blackbird

May 23, 2018
Netherlands
Nice review! Small error on the battery, i think you mean 504wh instead of 504kw. Otherwise you probably only have to charge it once every two years ;)

coullit

Jun 13, 2018
Alicante Spain
View attachment 286

Manufacturer: Specialized
Model: Turbo Levo Comp Carbon
Model Year: 2018
Price Paid: £4700
New/Used: Brand New
Score (out of 10): 9

Review: This was our very first EMTB. Having owned a number of bikes over the past 20 years the thought of having one with an electric motor was a little strange. Biking is supposed to be totally manual, human powered, right? Having personally been riding a Specialized Stumpjumper Carbon I really wanted to get my wife into biking a bit more. She’s not an active cyclist and I wondered if getting one with a motor would allow us to enjoy cycling time together. So we visited a dealer and took a look at some of bikes of the electric variety.

We eventually settled on the Levo Comp Carbon. I really like Specialized as a brand. They are definitely more expensive than competitors, but I feel that they put a lot of R&D into their bikes and they are backed up by an excellent warranty (in my experience they will go out of their way to make sure you are satisfied).

So, onto the Levo. Well, after one ride on this bike I was hooked. Even though it is not actually mine and a bit too small for me (I’m 6’3”) and this is a Large (I need an XL!) I felt totally at home on it. Similar in style the Stumpjumper, immediately feeling to me like a ‘regular’ bike. I’m now hooked on it. The bike to me is amazing. It is equipped with SRAM GX, Rockshox Revelation forks, Monarch shock, SRAM Guide RE brakes, Specialized’s own dropper post and a 504kw battery that’s good for around 30 miles with a mixture or trail/turbo settings. I’ve yet to do a ride where I’ve needed more range but if I did I’d reduce the assistance levels, I think I could easily get 40+ miles out of this.

I’ve unfortunately fallen off this bike 3 times, quite badly bruised myself on one side. I put this down to the extra weight that the bike carries, it being a bit too small for me (too front weighted) and my riding style not talented enough to change my riding characteristics quick enough vs an analogue bike. I’ve had one issue with the assistance button (mode selector) but my Specialized dealer are going to replace the entire fixture for a new one for me as soon as I get round to taking it to my local store

So, did I rate the bike? Yes. So much that I ordered an Expert model for myself, in XL. And this bike inspired me to create this community too :cool:.
di yu create this community?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles