2018 Specialized SWorks Levo Warantied

iridesworks

Oct 14, 2018
SLC, UT
So, I bought a 2018 Levo SWorks 4.5 months ago and it now has broken motor mounts and is being replaced by Specialized. I also encountered inconsistencies with the motor giving power, then no power and power again. They were able to fix the power output issue, but not the motor mounts...

So, long story short, Specialized is replacing my 2018 SWorks with a 2019 SWorks when it becomes available! I hope that the 2019 has a better setup. In my mind, I am not spending $10K for a bike that needs to be treated gently on trails. The bike should be able to perform like any other high end mountain bike and put up with anything thrown its way.

Stay tuned and I will hopefully be reviewing the 2019 soon!

Last edited:

Adasb

Subscriber
Jun 6, 2018
New Zealand
So, I bought a 2018 Levo SWorks 4.5 months ago and it now has broken motor mounts and is being replaced by Specialized. I also encountered inconsistencies with the motor giving power, then no power and power again. They were able to fix the power output issue, but not the motor mounts...

So, long story short, Specialized is replacing my 2018 SWorks with a 2019 SWorks when it becomes available! I hope that the 2019 has a better setup. In my mind, I am not spending $10K for a bike that needs to be treated gently on trails. The bike should be able to perform like any other high end mountain bike and put up with anything thrown its way.

Stay tuned and I will hopefully be reviewing the 2019 soon!

I can tell you the new s works is a weapon (compared with my 2017 alloy Comp!!).

I had hoped it would blend the best of my SW enduro with the best features of the levo, and it delivered.
I’m Super happy with it.
I lucked out and got the bike Specialized brought into the country for the dealer launch, but the first ‘real’ batch are due in 3-4 weeks. My wife is getting one of those, so I’ve had to share my new SW with her in the meantime. I can’t catch her when I’m my old levo and she’s on the SW!

dirkbike

Oct 13, 2018
Utah
Stoked for you man! Are they swapping frames and components or just the frame? It'd be rad if those plus 27.5's fit in there, unless it throws off the geometry since it's made for 29's. Time will tell, we'll have to go ride soon!

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Thats quite a result, though a very painful journey to it! 2019 Levo is designed to run 29'r or 27.5, it has a flip chip

iridesworks

Oct 14, 2018
SLC, UT
Yes. True, but you can't run larger than the 2.6 tire if I understand correctly. That would be my goal if I were to use 27.5 wheels.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles