Other 2018 levo

paltsy

May 2, 2023
Stafford
I have a 2018 turbo levo and it's got ohlins rxf 36 forks with 150 travel.
I'm looking at upgrading to possibly 160-170, does it make much difference to the ride?
Also what difference does it make to have an air spring or a coil spring please.
Sorry new to all this and it's a mine field.
Many thanks

Mina08

Aug 21, 2018
Sweden
Just makes it a bit slacker, i had 170mm on my 2018 model and had no issues, coil or air is up to you depending on what you are riding. Coil will always feel better but adds a little weight

paltsy

May 2, 2023
Stafford
Just makes it a bit slacker, i had 170mm on my 2018 model and had no issues, coil or air is up to you depending on what you are riding. Coil will always feel better but adds a little weight
Did you got from 150 to 170?

paltsy

May 2, 2023
Stafford
I'd have thought the Ohlins would already feel like the dogs danglies. When were they last serviced.

A lot depends on what terrain you're riding and how you ride. As @Mina08 says, it will make the bike a bit slacker, which might be ok and make the geometry feel a little more modern, but it could also throw the balance of the whole bike out and make it feel unpleasant to ride.
I don't really understand all the geometry, I don't understand the suspension at all really

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
There's a good chance that no manufacturer will tell you it's OK to modify anything outside it's designed parameters.
That ce sticker you see on things means it's been designed and built to work as purchased. If you alter it and it goes pear shaped then it's down to you. That's not saying it won't work ok, but a solicitor is going to love you having permission to change the way it works.

Mina08

Aug 21, 2018
Sweden
And how are you finding it.
Spoken to ohlins and they said they wouldn't recommend going to 170
I dont have the bike anymore. It did big XC loops, Bikepark, long climbs etc, by the time you get on the bike you loose 10mm+ from your weight

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles