1st EMTB build frame options

Nashwillis

May 16, 2021
TN
I am looking to build my first emtb, I have gone thru the forum and see a lot of info on the dengue E10 but not available in the USA. I will use the bafang m500 or m600.

Light carbon has a frame people have used, maybe an issue with a cover?

I am wondering if anyone has experience on some of these frames. If there are more let me know.
Ican e11

Diycarbonbikes
Looks like the trek rail, comes with motor and battery already. Might be more expensive since put together already.

Thediesel233

May 11, 2021
Cali
Check out the thread I just created in this section called VMG Typhon discussion. It by far looks like the best frame option.

Nashwillis

May 16, 2021
TN

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Do check the geometry of the frame guys, I found when buying the E10 most of the others available had the geometries of about 5 year old frames, we’ve moved on a bit since then.

Its not a game stopper though as with a bit of ingenuity you can say go Mullet and or fit head angle changing bearing kits. Do also consider the slacker the head angle the less suited to single track, maybe you want a more agile bike.

VMG Chris

Feb 25, 2021
Sydney
Do check the geometry of the frame guys, I found when buying the E10 most of the others available had the geometries of about 5 year old frames, we’ve moved on a bit since then.

Its not a game stopper though as with a bit of ingenuity you can say go Mullet and or fit head angle changing bearing kits. Do also consider the slacker the head angle the less suited to single track, maybe you want a more agile bike.
In my opinion, the Typhon has the most modern geometry of all Bafang frames.

I'm biased of course 🤣

Thediesel233

May 11, 2021
Cali
I second what VMG Chris stated. The Typhon is by far the most modern Enduro DIY Ebike geometry wise.

I have not received mine yet so I can't comment on anything other than the numbers on paper.

YZDude

Aug 28, 2022
Eagan, MN USA
Recommend our LCES004 EMTB carbon frame set:
Hi JimLee,

I have an LCES004 and want to switch to a coil shock. It appears the rear suspension leverage ratio is fairly linear on this bike, is that correct? Would I want to use a progressive coil spring then? Thx!

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
Hi JimLee,

I have an LCES004 and want to switch to a coil shock. It appears the rear suspension leverage ratio is fairly linear on this bike, is that correct? Would I want to use a progressive coil spring then? Thx!
Hi my friend,
LCES004 can use the coil shock, make sure eye to ey length can not more than 195mm

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles