Levo Gen 2 '19 Levo - fix "wobbly wheel" (bearings?)

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
hey all, long time no post hope this finds you all well.

bit of help please

bike: '19 Turbo Levo Carbon Comp
problem: rear wheel 'wobbles' on the axle a little, axle is done up, I presume this is worn or failed bearings?

question: can I DIY a fix if so what parts tools do I need please?

ty.

this is the spec: Specialized 2019 MEN'S TURBO LEVO COMP CARBON FSR

hub is described as "Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 28h"

thank you muchly! coming up to 3 years on my Levo, still happy with it!

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
get the wheel off and have the bearing covers off, get your finger in the middle of the bearing and move it around to check the state of them.. its very very likely given the age that the bearings are knackered, mine usually last a few months before I have to replace them so you've done well.
IIRC the front bearings are 2x 6902 and the rear are 2x 6903 AND 2x6903
check this info cos its from my memory and I changed my wheelset so its a while since I did it.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Changing the bearings is simple......they are 6903LBLU. Reference to the finger test above is not Im afraid definitive. They can feel fine just rotating them with your finger but you are testing them with no load on them. I changed rear wheel bearings once a year on my 19 Levo Comp.
Removal is done by tapping them out , preferably with a long nail punch ( you can buy a set of 6 quite cheap). It is worth buying the Rapid Racer press tools to do the pressing in job. You do not need the extraction/press tool itself since you can make your own with a length of threaded bar and some washers and a couple of nuts, but get the press kit ( No 14 for 6903 2RS bearings).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles