140mm travel ?

Crazee horse

Sep 20, 2020
Uk
OK so this is gonna sound really stupid, I presumed that having a 140mm travel full sus both shocks would have 140mm. And have just realised after letting all the air out of my rear shock that I only have 50mm. Am ialone being the only person who didn't know? Just for the record that 50mm has been more than enough and never had a problem, even being 100kg.

Ameiza

Oct 8, 2019
Norway
Shock stroke and rear wheel travel is not the same thing. You measure the vertical travel of the axle. This is different than shock stroke due to the linkages in the frame design.

Ameiza

Oct 8, 2019
Norway
He cant possibly be talking about shock travel. How could you not realize that the rear wheel articulates farther than the shock!
@Crazee horse talks about the two shocks and I assume front and back, even though fork would be a better term. I just politely answered what I thought was his question without pointing out the possible lack of knowledge (opposed to you??)

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
He cant possibly be talking about shock travel. That would take low intelligence to not realize that the rear wheel articulates farther than the shock!

Not everybody understands how linkages work, or other bike stuff for that matter. Probably you didn't until someone explained it. Lack of knowledge isn't an indicator of intelligence.

Gordon

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles