YT UK Mill and service center...

deksawyer

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jan 11, 2020
Fife, Scotland
I really hope so too because that new Decoy 29er looks great, albeit with a really wide downtube.

Why do you think all the top emtb geezers in the UK are getting them all of a sudden to review?

MMMMmmmmm......

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Odds on it being in the same Chessington business park as Specilized and Canyon? Would be great if it was actually in the Surrey Hills near some of the trails and had a demo fleet operating out it.

Yorkshirelad

Oct 11, 2019
Robin hoods bay
This was in the last communications email I got from them.I changed my decoy order to an XL...

1D92FAB2-D408-4E29-99E2-1FAD0B1156DE.jpeg

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
Just outside Guildford town centre near the Surrey Hills. Now open and ready! Here's their Facebook page..

Was there today and in the week with Rob. Super cool and they seem totally focussed at UK Customer Support and Service. Also ramping up the electrical spares for warranty claims. Warranty Batteries are in stock..

Demo fleet as well with 4 hour free ride...Super cool place and bunch.

Last edited:

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
Well Surrey's nice and central, isn't it?

:oops:

Well Surrey Hills is a famous Mecca for MTB. Being there is in line with their brand image. As stated, if you can't get there you can overnight ship it back to them..UK Customer Service Staff also.

People will drive for hours if the product is good enough. I think this is a really positive step for YT, whatever your own opinion on Direct to Consumer.

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I think it's a great idea for Direct Sales brands to have set up like this. Would be good if Commencal did something similar too, like their factory shop in Andorra.

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
I heard about some guy from Surrey buying a bike from Decathlon and tarting it up with over £3k worth of parts made in a warehouse in Lincolnshire just to colour match his frame and linkage bolts

Mental! :whistle:

I wish you could ride it Gazza, you would love it...!! I thought the Scotsman in you would appreciate the Stilus' fun & value..:)

Anyway...Back to YT..

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I heard about some guy from Surrey buying a bike from Decathlon and tarting it up with over £3k worth of parts made in a warehouse in Lincolnshire just to colour match his frame and linkage bolts

Mental! :whistle:
Sounds like a typical Surrey Twat, a proper dog to go in the back of a white Swarovski Range Rover ?

/justofftoWaitrose

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I wish you could ride it Gazza, you would love it...!! I thought the Scotsman in you would appreciate the Stilus' fun & value..:)
You know I'm only having a bit of fun, eh?
I'll happily ride any bike put in front of me.
I swing a leg over everything from £40 Gumtree specials to 10k+ Waitrose customers "sporting equipment" pretty much daily and regularly smash hammers into overpriced anodized Lincolnshire componentry (as per direction)
Cost doesn't always improve design or function and has certainly never been a great measure of enjoyment.

I'm still positive the Stilus Chainstays are too long combined with the extra weight of an Eeb to remain playful enough for my liking, but I'd gladly have a play about on one to findout for myself..

Oh.. and BTW I actually own YT and a Decathlon bikes

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
You know I'm only having a bit of fun, eh?
I'll happily ride any bike put in front of me.
I swing a leg over everything from £40 Gumtree specials to 10k+ Waitrose customers "sporting equipment" pretty much daily and regularly smash hammers into overpriced anodized Lincolnshire componentry (as per direction)
Cost doesn't always improve design or function and has certainly never been a great measure of enjoyment.

I'm still positive the Stilus Chainstays are too long combined with the extra weight of an Eeb to remain playful enough for my liking, but I'd gladly have a play about on one to findout for myself..

Oh.. and BTW I actually own YT and a Decathlon bikes

Oh mate I know!! I honestly think you would love it. Rob loved the bike you ride, and loves this one more....

Not to hijack any YT thunder here, but on paper this bike should be a dog but based on your previous posts about what you like in a bike it seems to somehow (maybe by accident) to hit some weird sweet spot. Well before Linconshire anodised paint got added :) Thing is thanks to its popularity at that price it's not available, nor is the assembly quality from the factory that great...

The Linconshire mob mentioned has been very decent to a young athlete locally without making any big deal about it. Provided him with a bundle of free stuff and replacements when not many else would, without any real promise or chance of exposure for doing so. Which to me is really classy. For me, anything I did buy from them I know doesn't all go into buying Range Rover's or Lambo's, some of it goes back into good causes and grass roots MTB. Good luck to them if the directors can buy a Lambo..I applaud them. Have a quick look here! Although I am sure you're more than aware...Guy Martin is a fan, so I'm on board..!

I know their stuff is overpriced and sometimes seen a bit 'bling' but they do seem very passionate and involved in the sport at all levels. If the owner shops at Waitrose, I'd still buy them a Kombucha...

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
on paper this bike should be a dog but based on your previous posts about what you like in a bike it seems to somehow (maybe by accident) to hit some weird sweetspot.
You don't ride like me and you almost certainly wouldn't get on too well with my bike set-up. Very few folk do. Especially now everyone is into Enduro and riding 3" longer bikes with 2" larger wheels. ;)
Without riding the Stilus, it's front centre shortness may actually a blessing with those stays. Despite my old skool love for a short stay, I'd actually rather ride a short front centre and super long stays than the other way around. Yeah.. my preferencers aren't really the norm. I'm 5'11" and ride a stack of mtbs with reach numbers of 495-435mm ;)

As for Hope, Yeah. they've helped out a lot of folk over the years (me included). They're well known for it. My digs at them are not entirely serious but I genuinely just don't really like their stuff all that much. (partly personal pref, partly because it's all a PITA to work on.)

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Without riding the Stilus, it's front centre shortness may actually a blessing with those stays. Despite my old skool love for a short stay, I'd actually rather ride a short front centre and super long stays than the other way around.
I think this is the case with the Stilus. The short front / long rear centre seem to force the rider weight forward giving a balanced and planted feeling compared to a more modern geo that needs to be more aggressively applied by the rider.

Stilus naturally grips on the front with a lot of feedback to the rider.

Case in point - today I rode the XXL decoy. Short chain stay, 500mm or so reach and whilst it turns much quicker than the Decoy and felt more stable over the jumps I had to work it a lot more to get it to feel grippy on the turns.

basically the Stilus can make a average rider feel safe (slackened out as I have done on my Frankenstein version) BUT will not match more modern geo if a rider can work it well.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
[Edited the above]
Just realised I typed 495mm when I meant 395mm reach - My 26" DH bike gets laughed at in uphill queues (but less so when I ride it)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles