Yt skipping chain-

MAJ93

Oct 25, 2020
chesterfield
Hi all- today I managed to complete a swap for a yt decoy. The bike is in great nick etc- background of the bike is that the previous owner had sent it back for a new rear mech. He got it back Friday and they had changed the chain, brand new mech and also replaced the battery. Result.
So I took it straight out for a ride this morning and I’ve noticed gears 8- up are skipping like mad when I pedal. This happened on boost/ trail etc but not when the power was off. It changes gears like a dream up and down no issues, no faults. Just when I pedal. Am I missing something really basic like I don’t need to use higher gears in boost etc or is there an issue?
It’s all new too me but overall it didn’t ruin my morning and I loved every second of it.
Cheers for any answers
Matt.

Maherto

Feb 22, 2020
Dublin
Maybe b screw setting on rear mech or could be your cassette is worn out. Is it 11 speed or 12 I just changed mine . Mine is a 2019 so it's 11 speed I replaced with a sunrace and I have to say I very happy with it shifting is much better then the trs± that came on the bike less than half the price as well. I only got 1800 out of cassette. I tend to change the chain every 400km

MAJ93

Oct 25, 2020
chesterfield
ty
How many miles on the previous chain ?, you will probably have to change the cassette.

The guy told me around 400km since new- so they’ve swapped the chain over. It doesn’t look that worn that’s what’s confusing me. Guess I’m going to just have to bite the bullet and buy another

MAJ93

Oct 25, 2020
chesterfield
Maybe b screw setting on rear mech or could be your cassette is worn out. Is it 11 speed or 12 I just changed mine . Mine is a 2019 so it's 11 speed I replaced with a sunrace and I have to say I very happy with it shifting is much better then the trs± that came on the bike less than half the price as well. I only got 1800 out of cassette. I tend to change the chain every 400km

I don’t know exactly- the gears shift lovely it’s just skipping when I pedal.
I have the same- I’ll have a look do they do E-mtb special?

MAJ93

Oct 25, 2020
chesterfield
Clutch lever in proper position on derailleur ?? Good luck and let us know what you find (y)

It wasn’t- just realised. I have seen one peg on the cassette that’s folded over- I’ve ordered a new one but I’m going to mend the bent peg and try it with the clutch in the correct position. Ideally like to get as much out of this one and change it for the new one next chain!

Armeniandave

Sep 10, 2018
San Diego, California
I had the same issue and replacing the cassette fixed it.
Drove me mad! Replaced chain at the same time also.
Obviously make sure to adjust it correctly as that makes
a huge difference!

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
New chain skipping under load on an old cassette (but not under no load) is a classic sign of a worn out cassette. I wouldn't ignore the possibility that it is an adjustment issue, but it is likely that you need a new cassette.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles