YT service

Endoguru

Aug 21, 2019
Usa
I have seen a certain amount of negative reviews in these forums regarding YT service. I want to share my recent experience. The chain stay on my 2020 Decoy pro race was run over by a car and broke in half. I called YT to order a new one and they did not have one in stock to match the red decal of the original. It was going to be 6 to 8 weeks before that was available. They did have an all black one that was available right away so I told them to go ahead and invoice me for that so I could get it as soon as possible. I also wanted to replace the main pivot axle while I had the bike apart. After a few back and forth emails in which I made it very clear that this was not a warranty issue but 100% my fault, YT sent me the new chainstay and axle for free, even though I insisted it was my responsibility. Andreas from YT said they did not want to charge me since it was not the correct color. I believe YT went above and beyond with how they handled my situation. Two thumbs up to YT!

Strive77

Aug 5, 2020
Lancashire. England
I have seen a certain amount of negative reviews in these forums regarding YT service. I want to share my recent experience. The chain stay on my 2020 Decoy pro race was run over by a car and broke in half. I called YT to order a new one and they did not have one in stock to match the red decal of the original. It was going to be 6 to 8 weeks before that was available. They did have an all black one that was available right away so I told them to go ahead and invoice me for that so I could get it as soon as possible. I also wanted to replace the main pivot axle while I had the bike apart. After a few back and forth emails in which I made it very clear that this was not a warranty issue but 100% my fault, YT sent me the new chainstay and axle for free, even though I insisted it was my responsibility. Andreas from YT said they did not want to charge me since it was not the correct color. I believe YT went above and beyond with how they handled my situation. Two thumbs up to YT!
I like that. Lovely story?

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Thats great! I want to give them the benefit of the doubt until this point. They've certainly been trying to continually improve customer service. Such nice bikes! Hoping for a yt mill in western canada and a successful shimano ep8. They'd be hard to ignore at that point

db840

Sep 28, 2019
Canada
YT USA is awesome. YT Canada can be the opposite. I bought a spare Decoy battery in September. Waited a few weeks then emailed for an update cause I needed it soon for a vacation trip. They said they have it but won't send in time and if I would like an 'immediate refund'? I said 'yes please'. 10 days later I got a refund $46.00 less than what I paid for. Due to price fluctuation I was told. YT Canada.

Still, happy for you.

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
YT USA is awesome. YT Canada can be the opposite. I bought a spare Decoy battery in September. Waited a few weeks then emailed for an update cause I needed it soon for a vacation trip. They said they have it but won't send in time and if I would like an 'immediate refund'? I said 'yes please'. 10 days later I got a refund $46.00 less than what I paid for. Due to price fluctuation I was told. YT Canada.

Still, happy for you.
Thats ridiculous. I wouldve bitched hard on that. Yt canada is just a middle man for yt usa. I think stock and major decisions come from cali. Yt usa ended up getting me sorted and were responsove afyer shimano dropped the ball. Poor comminication from shimano and the lbs ended up being the problem. If that gets ironed out as emtb grows i think that could solve a lot of yt's problems

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London

That's great news! Was that in the UK?

TransAmMan

Sep 18, 2019
Canada
YT Canada ?? is no longer ... all service is apparently going to be directed to their California facility.??

Sounds like this may be a good thing given the high praise YT USA receives (y)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles