YT Postman too long!

Lowrance

Sep 23, 2020
So Cal
New 2021 XL Decoy Shred.

At 170mm and fully inserted in the frame, the dropper post is too long on my XL. I'm 6'2" but still need to lose about 25mm at full extension.

Short of buying new dropper, does anyone know how to shorten up the extended height of the YT Postman?

Lowrance

Sep 23, 2020
So Cal
Can't you just use your backside to push it down/stop it moving the full height?

Sure but that's not the ideal solution as you'll never get it in same place twice! Would prefer it be the exact same hieght each time I push the lever for full extension.

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Sure but that's not the ideal solution as you'll never get it in same place twice! Would prefer it be the exact same hieght each time I push the lever for full extension.
The only solution is a 150mm post or just keep using it until muscle memory takes over

nickfrog

May 22, 2020
UK
That's annoying. I am only 6ft on a XL too and it's spot on at 170mm. Have you removed the rubber grummet at the base of the post ? (if it was even fitted) - that gained me 15mm. If not, then perhaps a lower profile saddle.

Lowrance

Sep 23, 2020
So Cal
That's annoying. I am only 6ft on a XL too and it's spot on at 170mm. Have you removed the rubber grummet at the base of the post ? (if it was even fitted) - that gained me 15mm. If not, then perhaps a lower profile saddle.

I was looking at that grommet. Can I just remove it? That might help a bit.

Got a new Ergon saddle as most reported the SDG saddle is horrible. Will have to look at them side by side.

Lowrance

Sep 23, 2020
So Cal
Hey Nick....thanks for the tip! Removed the rubber grommet and picked up 10mm. Every Little Bit Helps! Wait...isnt that Aldi's tag line?

Cheers!

nickfrog

May 22, 2020
UK
No worries. You're nearly there. The suspension, tyres and even saddle may settle a bit so perhaps another 5mm or so....

72wardy

Oct 26, 2020
Caerphilly
This dropper post shim from One Up may help you out. It apparently works on most dropper posts and can reduce the travel by up to 50mm. Its made of plastic so can easily be cut to your preference and not expensive so worth a try.

281137FD-F565-4BAD-9B89-6A37691C3A90.png

Lowrance

Sep 23, 2020
So Cal
Got the travel shims yesterday. There are 3 in the package for those that are interested.

Sadly down with an injury at the moment so not sure when I'll get a chance to try this out and see if they fit the YT post. Will keep you advised.

Cheers

Mitchellben

Feb 11, 2021
Florida
Got the travel shims yesterday. There are 3 in the package for those that are interested.

Sadly down with an injury at the moment so not sure when I'll get a chance to try this out and see if they fit the YT post. Will keep you advised.

Cheers
Lowerance did this ever work? I’m eager to know if I can shim my yt postman to make it a 125mm dropper! Thanks!

Lowrance

Sep 23, 2020
So Cal
Sorry, haven't tried it yet. Been living with the full 170mm length at the moment. Its on the list but with 5 two wheeled vehicles (four of them motorized.....actually all 5!) there is a long list of tasks that have higher priority. The other bikes are getting more use at the moment so no time for Shred maintenance.

One of these days!

dixie600mhz

Oct 13, 2020
Austin, Texas
The one up dropper post is really good. I swapped out a reverb dropper for the one up so I could shim a 150mm and it worked a treat. Can't say enough good stuff about the one up post.

asand

Mar 17, 2022
Atlanta, gA
Lowerance did this ever work? I’m eager to know if I can shim my yt postman to make it a 125mm dropper! Thanks!
I would love to know as well. I just got a Large Jeffsy and I think the post is too long... I was right between the M and the L and sized up... now I need to size down the dropper I think.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles