YT Postman STACK height

TransAmMan

Sep 18, 2019
Canada
Hey all

Can anybody provide for me (measure as close as possible) the STACK HEIGHT for the YT Postman ? (or the base to the seat rail measurement when slammed down .. see the 33mm measurement below)

I have a new YT on the way (likely Jan) and I want the flexibility to slam the seat as LOW as possible (almost hitting the tire at full rear shock compression).

Just replaced the 150mm Fox Transfer post with the 175mm 2021 version, and the lower stack height makes the world of difference on a seat tube that is 445mm long to begin with (coming from a DH background .. I hate high seats when descending).

For reference .. here is the OneUp Components seat post stack height (from their webpage). I am looking for Measurement B (OR from the slammed position .. ie the 33mm in the pic) .

PS. the reason I am asking this (instead of just waiting for bike in Jan) is to take advantage of any Black Friday sales in the event the YT Postman has a very high stack height.

If anybody can even post up a picture with the seat slammed .. that would be great too .... Thanks (y)

dropper_chart2_grande.png

Last edited:

nickfrog

May 22, 2020
UK
225mm and 30mm on a 170mm post (XL frame). Quite lucky that with the post slammed down as far as it will go, it's the perfect pedalling position, I am 6ft/183cm.
In turns it so means that the post is a low as possible when down.

TransAmMan

Sep 18, 2019
Canada
Thanks for posting ... looks like the saddle sits about 10mm-15mm higher (in the dropped position) than the new Fox dropper, which may be ok. (y)

nickfrog

May 22, 2020
UK
Yes that's probably also because the Postman's collar is quite tall compared to most posts.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles