YT launch 2020 Decoy with 12 speed Shimano and new colours

spacemonkey

Sep 29, 2018
belgium
Most likely YT will have a complete new decoy in 2021 with new shimano 9000 motor. Which will come with the 700W battery.
Don't think they will release a 700W batt for the current version...

squeegee

Aug 19, 2019
USA
Most likely YT will have a complete new decoy in 2021 with new shimano 9000 motor. Which will come with the 700W battery.
Don't think they will release a 700W batt for the current version...

Yea, I've been pondering this possibility as well. If this is the case YT should face considerable backlash from 2019/2020 model year bike owners because they (YT) have consistently used the release of 700W batteries as a selling point, added to which they also said they would discount them to buyers later.

Of course, I'm not sure who you are or how you would know, or if you are just speculating, BUT the logic of getting a larger battery with the E9000 as a kit is sound except YT was one of the few to custom size their batteries for Shimano so the situation is different than other manu's.

On another note, I've spoken to YT USA a few times on the battery and they have not indicated anything other than that the 700 will come out but we have to wait. In one conversation a YT rep said to me that newer Shimano motors yet to be released were going to be backwards compatible in terms of the mounting (on 2019 frames), this was in October/November but I call bullshit because how would they know?

Lots of hearsay going around, wish YT would come on here and clear the air.

westcoastmtbr

Aug 22, 2019
California USA
Rusty- Wow, those are epic rides and congrats. I can do some pretty epic rides in the Santa Cruz Mountains and still maintain at least 1 bar. Like most of us, awaiting YT to step it up and let us know what our options are. I suspect it 540wh for the near future.

spacemonkey

Sep 29, 2018
belgium
Yea, I've been pondering this possibility as well. If this is the case YT should face considerable backlash from 2019/2020 model year bike owners because they (YT) have consistently used the release of 700W batteries as a selling point, added to which they also said they would discount them to buyers later.

Of course, I'm not sure who you are or how you would know, or if you are just speculating, BUT the logic of getting a larger battery with the E9000 as a kit is sound except YT was one of the few to custom size their batteries for Shimano so the situation is different than other manu's.

On another note, I've spoken to YT USA a few times on the battery and they have not indicated anything other than that the 700 will come out but we have to wait. In one conversation a YT rep said to me that newer Shimano motors yet to be released were going to be backwards compatible in terms of the mounting (on 2019 frames), this was in October/November but I call bullshit because how would they know?

I’m just a normal avid biker...so just speculating with some common sense.
Shimano motor backward compatible in old frame...that would be awesome...but very hard to believe.
I would not be surprised if YT would launch a more trail like ebike, shorter travel...
Anyway...we will not know until maybe sea otter...

ziscwg

Sep 18, 2019
US
In one conversation a YT rep said to me that newer Shimano motors yet to be released were going to be backwards compatible in terms of the mounting (on 2019 frames), this was in October/November but I call bullshit because how would they know?

Shimano is fairly good with compatibility across its designs on the drive train. When I spoke with a Shimano guy in Aug 2019, I asked about a new motor and will it fit in the Pivot shuttle that I had out on demo. He gave me the "I want to tell you, but can't" type of look. The 7000 is compatible with the 8000 mountings. So, it's possible.

Changleen

Jan 18, 2020
Acquiring
The 540wh battery seems more efficient than other manufacturers batteries, possibly due to the fancy cells — I seem to ‘last longer’ than colleagues with other nominally similar systems anyway, and I think I am pretty lazy when it comes to dropping into Boost for a bit to save the legs. I’ve only run the battery out once and that was starting from less than full charge (probably like 4.5 bars) and 1200m climbing over 25km range.

ziscwg

Sep 18, 2019
US
The 540wh battery seems more efficient than other manufacturers batteries, possibly due to the fancy cells — I seem to ‘last longer’ than colleagues with other nominally similar systems anyway, and I think I am pretty lazy when it comes to dropping into Boost for a bit to save the legs. I’ve only run the battery out once and that was starting from less than full charge (probably like 4.5 bars) and 1200m climbing over 25km range.
YT tune for the settings is set to "low." You can change these, but it if works for you, keep it. You can ride longer.

Jdog

Patreon
Jun 4, 2019
Surrey, UK
YT look like they're now offering base and comp models for the Decoy, some of which are exclusively 29ers and look to have a drop in travel to 145mm.

1580395002770.png

YT look to be aiming one towards Enduro and one at All Mountain
1580393467787.png

29ers are coming in cheaper than last years models and this years 27.5 too
1580394575770.png

1580394638661.png

YT Decoy line up

1580393285011.png

Last edited:

akuria

Patreon
Jan 30, 2020
san francisco
I am sure they haven't released the 700wt battery cause they don't want to half ass it. I would rather wait for them to do it properly instead of rushing something out that doesn't really work or is shoddy.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles