Article YT introduce the Uncaged 9, a new Decoy model

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
YT Decoy MX Uncaged is a new model for 2022. The bike has the same frame as the current YT Decoy Core, but the specs are of course different. “Uncaged” is YT’s name for purpose built, limited edition models.

My thoughts on the bike in the video below.

Specs

YT has gone Öhlins for the suspension, 170 mm travel front and 165 at the back. Drivetrain is the 12 speed Shimano XT, wheelset is Crankbrothers Synthesis and rubber is Maxxis. This bike is named MX, meaning it’s a mullet bike with a 29er front wheel and 27.5″ back.

Motor is the Shimano EP8, which is one of my personal favourites. The battery capacity is 540 Wh. There has been talk about a 700 Wh battery for a while, so I emailed them and asked about it. No reply, unfortunately. The frame is made of carbon and YT claims a weight of 23.5 kg for size S...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
EP8 with a 540wh battery and 24kg in a medium. From my experience with my bullet this is not a winning combination. Will be interested to see what range these get once they are in the wild.

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver
EP8 with a 540wh battery and 24kg in a medium. From my experience with my bullet this is not a winning combination. Will be interested to see what range these get once they are in the wild.
Will be the same as the existing EP8 Decoys. About 30km distance and about 1200m vertical on technical climbing trails.

Trev1979

Nov 15, 2021
London, England
It’s a higher spec than the mx core 3 but weighs more….
I’m guessing because of the coil shock and forks…..
Is nearly 24kgs a bit to heavy for a bike with a 540 battery?

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Something new will be released nov 3!!
Will it be a new long travel emtb with a massive battery? Or maybe an sl emtb?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles