Yt demo day

Joeblaze

Apr 2, 2019
Tidworth
Got to ride the decoy in the forest of dean
Im 5'11" & rode the m & xxl (pro) & the large in the base model... surprisingly the xxl felt planted at speed but showed its size in slower tech stuff...
The medium pro was my fav it has similar geometry to my own bike and it just felt lively & took any line you throw it on to...one draw back in this size was having to get a lot of weight on the front end for really steep climbs..
The final ride was the base model with the rockshox set up in large..& yes theres a measured difference between this & the top of the range pro model with the fox set up..
All the sizes i rode i enjoyed & if i had my pick it would be the mid range pro with the fox kit in a large...
Anyone else rode em what do you think ...i love em

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I rode a M and L pro and the L Base. I found the M to be the best size for me at 5'9"(and a quarter...)
I also found a massive difference between the ride of the Pro models and the Base model. If i'd had more time I would have liked to try the mid model with the Fox suspension.
None of the bikes climbed as well as my Trek, but that's got significantly longer chainstays.

I wasn't impressed with the Shimano motor which combined with my dislike of the Base models poor (in comparison) suspension has knocked the Decoy off the top of my list.

damo

Patreon
Dec 9, 2018
Norfolk
I rode a Pro model in size L at Gisburn Forest. I'm 5'9" and the Large felt right but I felt like it needed to be slacker. Mildly disappointed in the way it handled tbh. It's off my list. Propain Ekano 165 with mixed wheels has a 64.3 HA. Excited for that..

d3ftone

May 29, 2019
Colorado
I rode a Pro model in size L at Gisburn Forest. I'm 5'9" and the Large felt right but I felt like it needed to be slacker. Mildly disappointed in the way it handled tbh. It's off my list. Propain Ekano 165 with mixed wheels has a 64.3 HA. Excited for that..

Could always throw an offset headset (Works Components - Angle Headsets | CNC Bicycle Components | Made in the UK) or shock bushings in there. A -2 degree headset also steepens the seat angle by half a degree and increases wheelbase by about 27mm depending on other geo numbers. I plan to use a -2 headset in my decoy once it arrives. With a 170mm fork and the -2 headset I'll be looking at a 63.1 degree head angle and 76.6 degree seat angle, in the high position.

damo

Patreon
Dec 9, 2018
Norfolk
Could always throw an offset headset (Works Components - Angle Headsets | CNC Bicycle Components | Made in the UK) or shock bushings in there. A -2 degree headset also steepens the seat angle by half a degree and increases wheelbase by about 27mm depending on other geo numbers. I plan to use a -2 headset in my decoy once it arrives. With a 170mm fork and the -2 headset I'll be looking at a 63.1 degree head angle and 76.6 degree seat angle, in the high position.
Did you ever try the above? Sorry if you've covered this elsewhere.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles