YT Decoy vs Turbo Levo

SwissDH

Mar 5, 2019
Switzerland
Good video. I agree that in many ways they are different types of bike, one more enduro focused, one more trail focused.

Both probably great bikes, but it’s not just the delivery channel that is different between them.

Mattwilko92

Aug 22, 2018
Staffordshire, UK
Rob when you speak about value and purchasing from a retailer like Berkshire Bikes, you didn’t mention discount.
Obviously different levels of discount are offered across the world but it is something that should be factored in. I would have never have got the discount on my Levo if purchased online.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Rob when you speak about value and purchasing from a retailer like Berkshire Bikes, you didn’t mention discount.
Obviously different levels of discount are offered across the world but it is something that should be factored in. I would have never have got the discount on my Levo if purchased online.

Discount is interesting as some dealers don’t discount at all. Also some folks don’t even feel comfortable asking / negotiating a discount... some dealers will proactively offer, some won’t.

I definitely should have mentioned it though ?

pgtips

Patreon
Jun 3, 2018
Somerset
Discount is interesting as some dealers don’t discount at all. Also some folks don’t even feel comfortable asking / negotiating a discount... some dealers will proactively offer, some won’t.

I definitely should have mentioned it though ?

Indeed, when I was looking for a Kenevo around September last year just after the 2019 Levo hit the shops my local bike shop wouldn't budge a penny of it's retail price of £4500 for the 2018 Kenevo. I told him as is a last years model there should really get some money off. Called Richard at Race co and they did a 2018 Kenevo for £3650! So yes, worth calling around for the best price.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
That's a hell of a deal, the RRP on the Kenevo is £5500, not £4500... :eek:

pgtips

Patreon
Jun 3, 2018
Somerset
That's a hell of a deal, the RRP on the Kenevo is £5500, not £4500... :eek:
2018 Kenevo was £4500 in the shops around that time. Yes it was a hell of a deal for sure.
The point of my post was that my local just wouldn't badge a penny of that price when all the new 2019 models was in the shops. Crazy!!!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Not really. At £4500 it was already £1000 off RRP. Leisure Lakes are still selling the 2018 for £4500, even now. It's only a colour change anyway.

Like Berkshire Cycles, RaceCo aren't a normal Spesh dealer so probably have access to better deals. Their Turbo store opens in a few weeks.

pgtips

Patreon
Jun 3, 2018
Somerset
Not really. At £4500 it was already £1000 off RRP. Leisure Lakes are still selling the 2018 for £4500, even now. It's only a colour change anyway.

Like Berkshire Cycles, RaceCo aren't a normal Spesh dealer so probably have access to better deals. Their Turbo store opens in a few weeks.
Hmmmm I guess I din't know that at the time.
Still, Rich at RaceCo managed to do a cracking deal! (y)

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Isn’t there also a difference in motors between 2018 and 2019? I thought that the 2019 entry level comes with a 1.2 motor whereas the 2018 comes with a stronger 1.3?

Karsten

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
The 2018 and 2019 Expert Kenevo have the same motor and battery, the 2019 Comp Kenevo has a 1.2e motor and 460Wh battery.

Swissrob

Sep 4, 2018
Switzerland
I want them the same (spec) but happy to pay the extra for LBS support.

Different bikes and methods of sale but surely this is going to put a bit of pressure on Specialized for 2020, if Specialized offered this level of components and match 2020 prices to 2019 I am in for an (unnecessary!) upgrade in 2020.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
but surely this is going to put a bit of pressure on Specialized for 2020
Why?
The two are not really all that comparible bikes in the first place. (the levo being more of a trail Emtb and the decoy being a bit more gravity/enduro)
But add to this the fact that every single bike YT sell blows the equivalent spesh bike out the water on the spec/VFM front.
I'm talking about saving £1000s and getting a better spec bike than the equivalent specialized model here.

top end carbon Tues £ 4999
top end carbon Demo £8250

top end carbon Capra £ 4799
top end carbon Enduro £8000

not being funny but £3k+ for shop support I'd be in wanting offered "extras" through the *back shop ;)

*Yes. that is a euphemism ;)

2unfit2ride

Feb 2, 2019
herts
Good video, I would be in the Levo camp if it offered anywhere near the value of the YT, but it doesn't & that counts for a lot.

Swissrob

Sep 4, 2018
Switzerland
Why?
The two are not really all that comparible bikes in the first place. (the levo being more of a trail Emtb and the decoy being a bit more gravity/enduro)
But add to this the fact that every single bike YT sell blows the equivalent spesh bike out the water on the spec/VFM front.
I'm talking about saving £1000s and getting a better spec bike than the equivalent specialized model here.

top end carbon Tues £ 4999
top end carbon Demo £8250

top end carbon Capra £ 4799
top end carbon Enduro £8000

not being funny but £3k+ for shop support I'd be in wanting offered "extras" through the *back shop ;)

*Yes. that is a euphemism ;)

Direct sales models will always be cheaper but when the price and spec levels get to this degree of difference then I would suggest that people will take the hit on support for the savings. A good portion of EMTB riders are people getting back on the bike after years away and will do their research, I know I did and in early 2018 with a deal it was worth the extra to get a Levo. Fast forward 1 year and with the price increases and lower spec of the 2019 Levo I don't know which way I would go now. Noise on the Shimano is an issue for some people but YT have reduced that further bringing these bikes closer together. But I could be wrong!

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Thing is anyone with issues about the noise from the shimano motor is clearly clueless as to how helpful it is to be able to hear when the motor kicks in and out and how much it's assisting.

Sorry but buying an ebike that doesn't suit your typical riding (or riding style) because of what parts it comes with just doesn't make a lot of sense no matter what the price.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles