YT decoy vs Commie Meta Power

EbikeCurious

Aug 8, 2019
USA
Hi all,

I’ve demoed the 2019 29 of the latter in Whistler and loved it. Of course, location probably biased my impressions. Any thoughts vs Decoy for those who have tried both?

I’m pretty limited on choice of bike due to height...213 cm or so. The new Commie is one of the biggest out there I know of that is USA available with 510 reach on the XL SX. 515 on the XL new Lapierre Carbone, but who knows on availability and durability...I’m also around 114kg and have broken 13 frames in my time riding thus far....

Mondrakers are long, but prices are pretty high and not sure on availability.

Whyte 150 is decent size but availability....

Giant E Reign is longish but also long stays and low stack...

Nicolai with the 555 reach on the xxl, but €€€€ and long chainstays...

Hoping for a 2020 Powerplay Slayer or 2020 Kenevo since the Slayer and Enduro have decently big geo....

Thanks!
Sam

Last edited:

jsalas2

Apr 6, 2018
San antonio, Tx
Hi all,

I’ve demoed the 2019 29 of the latter in Whistler and loved it. Of course, location probably biased my impressions. Any thoughts vs Decoy for those who have tried both?

I’m pretty limited on choice of bike due to height...213 cm or so. The new Commie is one of the biggest out there I know of that is USA available with 510 reach on the XL SX. 515 on the XL new Lapierre Carbone, but who knows on availability and durability...I’m also around 114kg and have broken 13 frames in my time riding thus far....

Mondrakers are long, but prices are pretty high and not sure on availability.

Whyte 150 is decent size but availability....

Giant E Reign is longish but also long stays and low stack...

Nicolai with the 555 reach on the xxl, but €€€€ and long chainstays...

Hoping for a 2020 Powerplay Slayer or 2020 Kenevo since the Slayer and Enduro have decently big geo....

Thanks!
Sam
We have 2 Decoys and 1 Commencal 29 in my ebike group. Same price point, pretty much equal, both are loved. So go with the one with the kit you like best. Can't go wrong. I also have a Commencal 2018 Fox Edition. I rode the Decoy and it pretty much equal. They have the same suspension, which I'm sure played a part in them both riding equally.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles