YT Decoy thread part 2

Marc

Jun 21, 2019
Switzerland
its nothing wild just riding around my local forrest. there are no official trails but still fun. I recorded this to have a comparison with other youtube videos of the Decoy about my noise issues and I think my bike is doing well.

Last edited:

mitch1808

Jun 30, 2019
italy
its nothing wild just riding around my local forrest. there are no official trails but still fun. I recorded this to have a comparison with other youtube videos of the Decoy about my noise issues and I think my bike is doing well.

Lovely. Looks on point. Do you feel the fox grip 2 is quite hard to set up? And overall.the package a bit stuff on the hands with the alu bar?

Marc

Jun 21, 2019
Switzerland
I prefer the thick alu fatbar (fatbar 35 m158) over the carbon one I have (m135). not in terms of comfort but I just feel safer. that carbon fatbar on my capra... it crackles a lot.

I didn‘t fiddle around much with low and highspeed rebound. I always use an almost open LSC (3 clicks in) and a stiffer HSC (8clicks). But I am kind of nonsensitive about suspension... honestly I couldn‘t tell apart a factory float 36 of 2016 (fit) and this Evol Elite 36 (grip2). both feel fine to me.

AdH

Feb 2, 2019
Mustang
Would you be able to post a pic of your beast? :)
IMG_1638.jpg
The beast is bottom left in the basket

Lee Dove

Oct 12, 2018
Scotland
UPDATE: My Decoy arrived back from Germany this evening. Note in box said Battery Firmware had been updated but the bike had not shown any faults while with them.

I set it up and took it for an hour ride on the Innerleithen DH tracks and it seems to be working ok. We will see over the next few days.

I do now have a theory as to the problem. When you plug the charger in with the battery in the bike the Display shows the Shimano Steps Logo. I think that there was a firmware bug where the battery was indicating that the charger was connected (when it was not) so the system went into its "charging" mode. This makes it look like it has only partially started up.

Fingers crossed :) Just need Canyon to ship my Wifes bike now !

Lee Dove

Oct 12, 2018
Scotland

I noticed a similar noise on my bike tonight. Going to check in the battery compartment to see if a bit of padding or cable ties might help.

Assuming you mean the slight "Clunk" over bumps and not the motor whine :)

Persson

Jun 9, 2019
Sweden
Have you checked the cables above the battery. If they are bouncing onto the inside of the frame they will sound loud due to the shape of the downtube.
Hi.
I got my bike today! The sealings for the cables was not pushed in to the frame far enough. I shaked the cables with ny hand and it was loud.
Then i lubed them with washing-up liquid and they was easy to push down into the frame.
maybe your problem? :)

Lee Dove

Oct 12, 2018
Scotland
Hi.
I got my bike today! The sealings for the cables was not pushed in to the frame far enough. I shaked the cables with ny hand and it was loud.
Then i lubed them with washing-up liquid and they was easy to push down into the frame.
maybe your problem? :)
Yep, on the list to check as I don't remember it when I first got the bike.

mikecol

Mar 16, 2019
Treasure Island, FL USA
I do now have a theory as to the problem. When you plug the charger in with the battery in the bike the Display shows the Shimano Steps Logo. I think that there was a firmware bug where the battery was indicating that the charger was connected (when it was not) so the system went into its "charging" mode. This makes it look like it has only partially started up.

Hey Lee,
Another way the system looks like it is in "charging" mode is when you have an APP connected to the BT. I noticed that just playing around with StepsUnlocker. When you disconnect the bike resets and goes into "normal" mode. Not sure that had anything to do with your bike .... I'm not going to play with connecting/disconnecting and turning bike on/off sequences to verify :))

Glad it's working good for you now.

AdH

Feb 2, 2019
Mustang
Looks really good. Have you taken it for a burn yet. Did you have a ebike before this.

I haven't ridden it yet. I had a week in Ainsa & Benasque just after it arrived on my Evil Wreckoning. Didn't need the ebike as we had van uplifts and even a heli uplift on the final day. Epic trip.

Unfortunately I came back from holiday to a family bereavement, its been a tough time.

I'm also waiting on a couple of replacement parts from YT as DHL didn't take the best care of the bike while in transit.

I'm planning on an invisiframe wrap before it gets scratched on it's first outing.

Then, hopefully very soon, I'll be giving the Decoy a long awaited test ride

I've sold a Focus Sam2 to make way the the Decoy

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
Have you been in touch with Invisiframe?
I messaged them last week about a kit. They needed access to a bike for a couple of days to make one up and asked if I was willing to let them have mine.
If I lived nearer to them I’d have gone for it.

AdH

Feb 2, 2019
Mustang
Have you been in touch with Invisiframe?
I messaged them last week about a kit. They needed access to a bike for a couple of days to make one up and asked if I was willing to let them have mine.
If I lived nearer to them I’d have gone for it.
Yep, they are using my bike to create a template for a large Decoy. Should be available to buy very soon

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
Nearly as far TBH.
Tempted to drop Invisiframe another email and have the bike delivered to them if they still need to measure the XL.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles