YT Decoy thread part 2

Lee Dove

Oct 12, 2018
Scotland
I seem to have got past the bad pedal strike phase (still hit sometimes) but am getting a lot of chainring hits now.

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
X4 wanting to know which 155mm cranks. 15mm would go a long way to curbing pedal strikes.

I've run flip chip in high and low and really prefer the way the low setting feels, high makes my reach feel longish.

Decoy is definitely the most pedal striking bike I've ever owned
Yes. I like the head angle now and the front end is lower with the short headtube so i dont want to lose any height

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
I seem to have got past the bad pedal strike phase (still hit sometimes) but am getting a lot of chainring hits now.
Yes the chainring is flush with the motor casing somit does hit. Chains are already a weak "link" with eebs. Be nice to have a buffer of 1/4 -1/2 inch. @trailwatts is checking to see if the new carbon bash guards he's distributing have ones for the decoy. Maybe he'll chime in here

squeegee

Aug 19, 2019
USA
Sorry, just got in! Miranda Delta SH (Shimano) ordered direct from their site!

I just noticed on my Decoy that the cranks are 165mm, for some reason thought they were 170. I guess I'd have to get at least 155mm to really offset an appreciable amount of pedal strikes.

How do the 155mm feel in terms of a platform for descending and what about pedaling acceleration, cornering? Any differences worth noting?

To me the decoy feels very akin to my Intense Tracer, suspension and handling are similar and don't want to lose any of the feel by running super short cranks.

KenX

E*POWAH Master
Jul 21, 2019
Briançon, France
Once you've ridden the 155's for a short while, you don't notice them (apart from less pedal strikes!) Don't forget to raise the saddle by 1cm.........

AZCN

Oct 29, 2019
Phoenix
The Jeffsy 2019 Hanger is the right one.

View attachment 17741

View attachment 17742

Here with the XTR 12-speed derailleur:

View attachment 17739

View attachment 17740
Your bike looks great! Let me ask you: I have a decoy as well and put Shimano XT 12 speed on it. Is your chain skipping in the 10 tooth cog when you apply pressure to the pedals in Boost mode? My whole system is brand new and is skipping almost to the point of unridability. Three of my best local shops have looked at it without being able to fix it. It did this on the original Di2 that it come with. I am wondering if this is a Shimano thing because I did have an old worn out SRAM GX on it for a bit whilst I was waiting for my micro spline hub to come in and I didn't have any issues. Thanks.

Sapientiea

Jul 12, 2019
Netherlands
Some uphills with Decoy!

Nice video. You have fun, that good! BTW check your headset.I think I hear some clunking, which I normally associate with a slightly loose headset. On the Decoy they cut the fork quite close so the top spacer has little room to set correct tension. At least with mine and my wifes Decoy. Could be wrong ...you just igonore me ahahaha :)

Duelsy

Oct 22, 2019
England
Bike has arrived and I’m just unboxing it. I may be being stupid but what is this for? Was loose in the box.

4A03DC22-81CB-46AD-8A5F-903D7DEB1B80.jpeg

Everything looks good, box wasn’t too beaten up. Going to apply invisi-frame tomorrow when I’m home. :)

Duelsy

Oct 22, 2019
England
Surplus to requirements! Don’t fit it to the mech hanger ??
It’s all set up to just have the derailleur bolted onZ

Ok cool cheers mate. Did you adjust your derailer B bolt at all? Mine has come assembled with it fully tightened down.

Duelsy

Oct 22, 2019
England
Got everything assembled, bike looks great. Need to finish setting up the suspension but will do that when I go for a ride. Definitely need to adjust my drive train though, not sounding as smooth as it should do and some of the changes don’t seem clean.

There’s quite a large gap from frame to battery when you assemble everything. Maybe it’s designed that way for drainage but I would have expected everything to be flush on an expensive bike tbh. Still very happy overall :).

00E86D15-FE87-4ED2-BF28-9EAAF620620B.jpeg
FE3A92E4-CBC4-48CF-B439-2C4974CB49EF.jpeg

118E7937-AC2A-4A87-AB63-7BB3879183C2.jpeg

Jedipip

Jul 29, 2018
Yorkshire
Ok cool cheers mate. Did you adjust your derailer B bolt at all? Mine has come assembled with it fully tightened down.

Yes. I set it up from the bottom up.
Didn’t want to trust the tech at the factory.
I’ve found a few too many badly torqued bolts and nuts on previous YT’s. So basic build as though nothing has been set right.

Find a You tube vid and go for it!

Reactions: eia

Lee Dove

Oct 12, 2018
Scotland
Got everything assembled, bike looks great. Need to finish setting up the suspension but will do that when I go for a ride. Definitely need to adjust my drive train though, not sounding as smooth as it should do and some of the changes don’t seem clean.

There’s quite a large gap from frame to battery when you assemble everything. Maybe it’s designed that way for drainage but I would have expected everything to be flush on an expensive bike tbh. Still very happy overall :).

View attachment 21094 View attachment 21095
View attachment 21096
That gap is as designed. The part fastened to the battery acts as a mudguard and by putting a positive gap there it stops dirt collecting and in fact makes a more positive visual join compared to trying to get a really tight gap. It also ensures that the battery is a good fit in the connector etc. even with a bit of dirt in the join area.

Duelsy

Oct 22, 2019
England
Yes. I set it up from the bottom up.
Didn’t want to trust the tech at the factory.
I’ve found a few too many badly torqued bolts and nuts on previous YT’s. So basic build as though nothing has been set right.

Find a You tube vid and go for it!

Aye got it all setup this evening. Will dial it in after a few rides out this week, buzzing to give it a go. Just need to get cushcore and go tubeless now. :)

That gap is as designed. The part fastened to the battery acts as a mudguard and by putting a positive gap there it stops dirt collecting and in fact makes a more positive visual join compared to trying to get a really tight gap. It also ensures that the battery is a good fit in the connector etc. even with a bit of dirt in the join area.

Hmm okay will see how I get on. Given the rave reviews I suppose it’s clearly not been a problem for anyone yet anyway!

Jedipip

Jul 29, 2018
Yorkshire
Aye got it all setup this evening. Will dial it in after a few rides out this week, buzzing to give it a go. Just need to get cushcore and go tubeless now. :)

Hmm okay will see how I get on. Given the rave reviews I suppose it’s clearly not been a problem for anyone yet anyway!

It’s a ‘semi’ integrated battery - easy to get on and off so you can charge it in a warmer environment than a typical Northern European garden shed!

It’s really not a problem and works superbly. You saw how accessible all the internal cables were?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles