YT Decoy thread part 2

roQer

Jun 29, 2019
Ludwigshafen am Rhein
Thats my eRide. Decoy Base XL. Upgrades:
RS Super Deluxe RCT shock
Code RSC Calipers
RS Lyrik Ultimate fork, 160 mm travel
Have still to shorten the derailleur cable.
22,2 kg with pedals.

View attachment 16955
What Size you have on Shock and where you found it? Has anyone on the Decoy shock coil?

The shock is 230x65. I bought it on Bikemarkt (www.mtb-news.de).
I personally don’t think the Decoy needs a coil shock. The bike feels very planted with all the weight. I‘m quite happy with the Super Deluxe.

Nasty Nick

Dec 4, 2018
Ventura, CA US
What Size you have on Shock and where you found it? Has anyone on the Decoy shock coil?
I think Nick is on coils front and back. Ive only been on mine 3 days but it feels fairly progressive. Im thinking itd work well
Ya I do. I love the coil shock feel on all my bikes. On the decoy the bomber cr coil feels supportive but still bottoms softly on big features, so I'd say it's not as progressive as I would have thought. Still I love the supple feeling. On the front it's my first coil fork and while it is certainly very plush and active I find it a net negative due to the extra weight. My fork weighs more than a boxxer but without the dual crown stiffness. It's very hard to keep the front wheel up for manuals and is a pita on slow tech with drops.

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Ya I do. I love the coil shock feel on all my bikes. On the decoy the bomber cr coil feels supportive but still bottoms softly on big features, so I'd say it's not as progressive as I would have thought. Still I love the supple feeling. On the front it's my first coil fork and while it is certainly very plush and active I find it a net negative due to the extra weight. My fork weighs more than a boxxer but without the dual crown stiffness. It's very hard to keep the front wheel up for manuals and is a pita on slow tech with drops.

Curious how it was working. One of my fave forks ive ever had was a marzocchi 55 wc ti coil. Reasonably light and it ate up braking bumps and i really liked seated climbing with it. It just didnt get hung up on roots and rocks on tech climbs and stuck well to off camber. I wonder if you put more lsc if it would help? I want to put a boxxer set at 180 on mine over the winter. In the meantime im going to put a 180 air shaft in my yari. I liked my old lyric on the rune at 180 but it did have noticeable flex in the corners. I also put a cane creek dbl barrel coil on my rune despite it being more linear than progressive. I still liked it. Occasionally id bottom it out but it never seemed to be too harsh. With the coil shock and the 180 lyric it was a mini dh rig. I want to have the decoy like that only better w the boxxer. Tech climbs on an eeb are going to be seared anyway is my thought

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
@Dirtnvert lol ya funny to think of it as a plow bike... for the climbs. I think you're onto something with the boxxer on the decoy.
Ha well thats a ways off . Ive got a whole winter to change my mind and id imagine i will, a few times. Maybe one of those marz coils like yours too or the new dvo thats coming out. Ive git some dh bikes to keep up with. Dont want to let those punks think im getting old eh

Reactions: 06z

skypickle

Jul 18, 2019
MA
Do you think the lyrik would be an improvement over the Revelation rc which has the charger 2 damper?

Camstyn

Jun 19, 2019
Kamloops BC
There was discussion/concern over the weight earlier.. My unridden XXL Pro race with Chromag Synth pedals, Trailmaster DT seat and Squarewave XL grips is 51.0lbs. YT says add 1lb per frame size so a small should be about 47lbs. Not a featherweight but not bad either. Can’t wait to try it out tomorrow!
8D207549-4C6E-4B6E-A3E1-9A20E5A05B91.jpeg

Hasse Birkmose

Jul 19, 2019
Denmark
Anyone add a led headlight? YT said there is a wire in the battery compartment for it.. The app has a light on or off feature. Then in the display you can turn it on and off.
I think YT will put a light on the market soon and there are already som options out. Lupine are selling a pricey option and other with a bit of skill are fitting some diy options. Not really a good answer. Sorry
I am in the market for it myself and haven't found the right one yet.

Jedipip

Jul 29, 2018
Yorkshire
I think YT will put a light on the market soon and there are already som options out. Lupine are selling a pricey option and other with a bit of skill are fitting some diy options. Not really a good answer. Sorry
I am in the market for it myself and haven't found the right one yet.

YT say next year for their light.

I’d like to hear about the 6v lights that aren’t £400 and deliver light levels comparable with ‘the decent’ Chinese imports .....?

New thread perhaps ?

Jedipip

Jul 29, 2018
Yorkshire

I tell you who has and it was not a good outcome....!

YT

Seriously, to source a wheel, fit a tyre, check the clearances, bolt the cassette and rotor and sensor magnet on would take some cash and a few hours. That would be a wasted recharge and ride right there!

And it will be oh so very little different to factory set up. Probably worse. Because YT have checked this out for you already.

roQer

Jun 29, 2019
Ludwigshafen am Rhein
The fat rear tyre is what gives the Decoy it’s character. Lose that and it’s not The Decoy ?

I’m glad that you like it. I’d prefer a 2.4” DH casing on the back, but I don’t like pedal strikes, so if a 29 rear will fit I think it will meet my needs better.

I don‘t like the fat tire on traditional DH tracks either. I was thinking going with a 2.4 on the rear, setting the bike in high position and increasing fork travel to 170 mm will result in a very similar geo as in low setting with fat tire and 160 mm fork.

Last edited:

Nasty Nick

Dec 4, 2018
Ventura, CA US
I get petal strikes and bash my chain ring in high mode with the fat tire. Still going to drop to a 2.3 dh casing tire. I think my solution is going to be shorter cranks and a bash guard.

Last edited:

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
I was running a 2.4 rear and didnt find it too low. I think my transition scout is lower. I did drag across the motor ptotector a few times and its strange that the chainring and/or chain is a touch lower. That hit a couple rocks on some less gracefull up znd overs. I wouldnt mind an additionsl slider protector that was easily removeable(maybe velcro strapped)

Lee Dove

Oct 12, 2018
Scotland
I have dropped to a 2.6 and it is much better without to much lowering of the BB. I ran the 2.8 in low and the 2.6 in high.

~It is the 29/27 combination that gives the Decoy its character NOT the fat rear tire ;)

Camstyn

Jun 19, 2019
Kamloops BC
29 rear definitely will not fit.

Who makes the burliest 27.5+ tire? I’d like a DH casing. First ride yesterday I got a few pedal strikes with the flip chip in high so don’t want to go any smaller on tire size.

Hasse Birkmose

Jul 19, 2019
Denmark
Sram gear on Decoy? The mech hanger is Shimano direct mount out of the box. Parts catalog on YT's website does not include a standart mech hanger. What to do....

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Sram gear on Decoy? The mech hanger is Shimano direct mount out of the box. Parts catalog on YT's website does not include a standart mech hanger. What to do....
Same hanger Hasse, if you want a SRAM drive Line it’s just buy and install.

Karsten

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles