Yt Decoy TERRIBLE SERVICE

Wadders

May 20, 2019
Woking
hello, what is your expected delivery date?
11 of September but to be fair this was acceptable to a point but my reasons for trying to make contact was to check if it was all on schedule as I was hearing all the stories about delays and no communication. My problem isn't the delivery date my issue is the lack of customer service!

Wadders

May 20, 2019
Woking
By the time YT are finished with all pre-orders a new model will be released and de cycle starts again.

This is not for me... 1 week is more than too much time to lock my money for no pleasure, months are unthinkable... ??

I would go for plan B.
What would you go for as plan B?

lamomie

Jul 3, 2019
France
11 of September but to be fair this was acceptable to a point but my reasons for trying to make contact was to check if it was all on schedule as I was hearing all the stories about delays and no communication. My problem isn't the delivery date my issue is the lack of customer service!
I think it's still a small structure and they respond in priority to those whose delivery date is exceeded, they can not spend their time answering the concerns of those whose delivery date is expected in two month, until now, delivery is made within 3 months after ordering info mine is scheduled week29 for an order from April 10, I will contact them if nothing happens after that date.

Mydriaze

Jul 7, 2019
France
It was actually at 14,11. So the call would have started at 10am!! This wasn't my personal call it was someone else that's having the same bulls**t experience!!!

Perhaps he's deaf? YT representative talk to him for 4 hours, and customer didn't reply anything, just screenshoted his phone! ;)

Lee Dove

Oct 12, 2018
Scotland
It is indeed, where would you suggest to go in the surrey area to see a range of high spec ebikes? im tempted to go and see/touch and just buy one

I think Rob (as in Forum Owner :)) uses Swinley Bike Hub but that may be just for coaching. He does have a video somewhere that is in a big shop in that area but I can't find it.

Marc

Jun 21, 2019
Switzerland
Communication before delivery was good and my bike was delivered almost on time. But now it sucks... no response to several aftersales questions. I think something is going on at the moment.

Mydriaze

Jul 7, 2019
France
Communication before delivery was good and my bike was delivered almost on time. But now it sucks... no response to several aftersales questions. I think something is going on at the moment.

What do you mean exactly?

Ren

Oct 30, 2018
Christchurch - New Zealand
What would you go for as plan B?

When I was looking for buying my bike I had 3 options to choose which by that time was Merida e160, Giant eTrance and tubo Levo. The only one in stock was the e160 and that’s the one I bought.

I believe you also had few options to choose from before you decided for the YT, right? If it is correct, would you consider one of the other options? ?

Wadders

May 20, 2019
Woking
wonder if Rob can shed some light?
When I was looking for buying my bike I had 3 options to choose which by that time was Merida e160, Giant eTrance and tubo Levo. The only one in stock was the e160 and that’s the one I bought.

I believe you also had few options to choose from before you decided for the YT, right? If it is correct, would you consider one of the other options? ?
Yeah. But the other 2 don't grab me.

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
I'm so fed up of YT. I've sent several emails with no response about my order I placed in May. Not even a single update or reply to me.
I even tried calling them, after been on hold for 15min I hung up...... Not a very good start for a new customer, I guess taking £6000 of my money isn't enough to warrant a bit of communication and customer service.
I ordered the Decoy CF Pro Race also, the difference between the two of us is that I didn't choose to pay the full amount on my credit card, instead I chose the payment in advance method, this means that 10 days before despatch of my order I have to transfer the funds to YT rather than being out of pocket for months, it also means that, like you, if I get frustrated with constant delays, I can simply cancel and don't have to chase them for a refund.

Wadders

May 20, 2019
Woking
I ordered the Decoy CF Pro Race also, the difference between the two of us is that I didn't choose to pay the full amount on my credit card, instead I chose the payment in advance method, this means that 10 days before despatch of my order I have to transfer the funds to YT rather than being out of pocket for months, it also means that, like you, if I get frustrated with constant delays, I can simply cancel and don't have to chase them for a refund.
Shit happens, if I get frustrated I'll just call my credit card company and have the transaction reversed. ?Boom.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Pet hate of mine not getting a response from emails and calls very common in lots of different areas , always get back to you till they have what they want then the silence absolutely hate it. Its not so easy to get money back as people seem to think.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I'm so fed up of YT. I've sent several emails with no response about my order I placed in May. Not even a single update or reply to me.
I even tried calling them, after been on hold for 15min I hung up...... Not a very good start for a new customer, I guess taking £6000 of my money isn't enough to warrant a bit of communication and customer service.
Pet hate of mine not getting a response from emails and calls very common in lots of different areas , always get back to you till they have what they want then the silence absolutely hate it. Its not so easy to get money back as people seem to think.

moto9

May 12, 2019
Hi
I’ve got a YT and like the brand, but they are becoming a bit arrogant. They’ve spend millions on marketing and lifestyle promotions, which most brands need, but I get the impression they feel like you should be privileged to have bought into the “family” and should be okay with poor communication, delays etc...
I have to agree, I was on the phone with some arrogant ass ready to throw 6K at them. His attitude really turned me off, Like I was bothering him with too many questions. So, I hung-up
and bought a Yeti from Jenson.

Marc

Jun 21, 2019
Switzerland
What do you mean exactly?

Don't know... maybe there is something up with the decoy. its obvious all of us are dealing with a guy named Lifka and he is not responding anymore so... after all the talk from YT how they improved their service...

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Don't know... maybe there is something up with the decoy. its obvious all of us are dealing with a guy named Lifka and he is not responding anymore so... after all the talk from YT how they improved their service...

Do we know how many orders they have ? can we work it out ? 10 ?100 ? 1000? 10000 ? if one guy named Lifka is responding to all of them there is realistically a limit on how many he can respond to ? He might be able to get his sister Liska in at weekends to help out , but short term any company will struggle with huge over demand ..

Edit: Oops .. So I did say they were showing as in stock (on my cache), but now I actually have a proper internet connection they show as September ..

I was going to put up a post after my 9 month birth comment that they'll be claiming that all Decoy's are made with such love that they are Born, not fabricated, hence you may have to wait .. in all fairness, if they made some crazy comment like that, people might be more understanding - you think you're getting something special :) Where's my free decoy ? I'm willing to wait for the birth ...

Last edited:

Dan fagelson

May 2, 2019
Chelmsford
Trouble with direct sales is, you are just one person buying a bike.. 6k is a lot of money to you or me, but not yt. When a shop buys from a manufacture, they may buy 2 - 3 hundred bikes a year. So when you get an issue with a shop bought bike, they have a larger sway with the manufacture on your behalf.. After all I'm sure specialized, trek etc won't want to lose a dealer they may trade with consistently over a lifetime.

Rob in a field

Jul 10, 2019
UK
Bit of info for potential Decoy buyers, based in the UK so may be different in other regions.

Ordered a large Base decoy in black on Tuesday the 9th of July (last week) Bike was listed as "in stock" on the website and paid via paypal.

The money taken from my account on Friday the 19th of July and received an order confirmation on Monday the 15th of July where the bike was also listed as "In Stock"

Just had an email today (16th of July) saying that the shipping of my bike will be postponed to week 40 (30th September) due to missing parts to built the bike. Have been offered compensation for the delay in the form of a refund of postage and the box, as well as a free pair of raceface peddles.

The bike is still listed as available from the 31 July on the website which in light of the actual delivery date being sometime after the 30th September is most likely in breach of the Advertising Standards Authority in the UK

I have asked for a full refund and will keep people on here up to date with developments.

Real shame as the bike looks awesome and having brought a YT Capra over 3 years ago (delivery was in a week or so) and giving years of abuse and heavy riding I was looking forward to the same ride quality with a bit of electric assistance.

Quickly looking around again at other bikes it would appear that the 2020 Commencal Meta power bikes are available from the end of August, also might wait and see what the new Whyte bikes are like as well.

Rob

Rob in a field

Jul 10, 2019
UK
--- Update ---

To be fair the guy i'm dealing with came back to me straight away after I asked to cancel the order, now waiting for somebody else in a different department to deal with the refund.

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
I have to agree, I was on the phone with some arrogant ass ready to throw 6K at them. His attitude really turned me off, Like I was bothering him with too many questions. So, I hung-up
and bought a Yeti from Jenson.
So you never wanted an E-Bike then.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles