YT Decoy Reverse Mullet Tire Pressures - What are you running?

TransAmMan

Sep 18, 2019
Canada
Greetings all (1st post).

Well my YT Decoy is set to arrive some day now (delay, after delay .. and seemingly non existent customer service but that's another story), but I am curious from a rider who has always run the same wheel sizes, how much difference most are running between the 2.8 rear tire VS 2.5 Front.

Typically I usually run 24 psi rear and 21 psi front (or 3 lbs difference between front and back on 29'er setup) but given the large volume of the rear tire, what tire pressure difference are most running on their decoy?

Cheers

Nasty Nick

Dec 4, 2018
Ventura, CA US
I ride aggressively in rocky terrain so I had to run normal pressures. I'm 175 lbs and ran about the same as you do on normal tires. I shredded the 2.8 exo+ with cushcore installed. I just swap in a 27.5x2.3 agressor with double down casing and cushcore. And brother, I LOVE IT. I'll never go back to plus. Regular tires corner and pop so much better. I still have all the braking and climbing traction I need.

TransAmMan

Sep 18, 2019
Canada
Interesting the 2.3 tire option (or 2.5) out back. I assume you are using the high BB option (via flip chip) when using a smaller volume tire in the rear?

CatButt

Jul 20, 2019
Redondo Beach, Ca
On mine with stock tires (for now) I run 21 ft and 20 rr. I ride typical SoCal trails with imbedded rocks hardpack trails, square-edged braking bumps, etc. I think I am going to run a tad lower at times as well. I always tend to run slightly lower pressure than the guys I ride with do. I'm 220 in riding gear.

garmehl

Sep 10, 2019
Geneva switzerland
i'm 190lbs with gear and run stock decoy tires, and after 2 days riding determined 12 in front and 16psi rear works for me. This was for dry dusty and rocky conditions around geneva switzerland.

CatButt

Jul 20, 2019
Redondo Beach, Ca
i'm 190lbs with gear and run stock decoy tires, and after 2 days riding determined 12 in front and 16psi rear works for me. This was for dry dusty and rocky conditions around geneva switzerland.

Holy crap...12 and 16? That's the lowest I've ever heard. Float like a butterfly...I guess.

Borist

Apr 13, 2018
SoCal
19-20 front, 22-23 rear. Stock tires. 180 lbs + gear. I tried lower pressures but ended up "feeling" back rim on heavier impacts. I'm not aggressive rider, just a bad one.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles