YT Decoy Pro Race vs Merida eONE-SIXTY 9000 (& SRAM Brakes Q)

2Old2SendIt

Feb 13, 2020
Germany
Hi All,

Looking to buy my first ebike soon and the two front runners are the Decoy and the 160.
Looking for reasons to go for one over the other, or things I may have not considered from the YT people here.

My thoughts at the moment:
- I prefer Shimano brakes, and it seems most people do. Am I wrong? Do people often swap these out?
- X2 shock seems to require a lot of playing around before getting it right. I think i'd be better off with a DPX2 as I'm no pro and just want decent performance with less fuss.
- I like the 'flip chip' idea. Is it really noticeable?
- Not sure about carbon wheels. Are these proving reliable?
- Is it too downhill focused if you're not a rider focused on gnarly downhill riding? Most of my local tracks are not going to be too technical and rocky.
- At 180cm (5'11") It seems I could go L or XL. What do most borderline people do?

Looking for any comments and thought on these points, or anything else I should consider. Cheers!

Last edited:

Fx1

Auto WARNING : Possible Duplicate user : "Zero"
Feb 6, 2020
GB
Be better off with the CF Pro given your feelings on the parts which come on the race.

Use the savings and put a set of saints on if you feel the codes are not your thing.

2Old2SendIt

Feb 13, 2020
Germany
Be better off with the CF Pro given your feelings on the parts which come on the race.

Use the savings and put a set of saints on if you feel the codes are not your thing.

I see what you mean, but I really like the shorter chain-stay length of the Race, and the 27.5 rear. If the Pro was a 'mullet', I would do that.

Fx1

Auto WARNING : Possible Duplicate user : "Zero"
Feb 6, 2020
GB

I see what you mean, but I really like the shorter chain-stay length of the Race, and the 27.5 rear. If the Pro was a 'mullet', I would do that.
I just got the 2019 CF Pro. Its mullet and comes with everything you want. Plus it's reduced. Check their outlet store see if they still have stock.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles