YT Decoy front end

Russ2550

Dec 14, 2019
US
Hello. Recently got a YT Decoy. Curious to know if anyone has upped the fork to 170/180? Not a fan of the slammed steerer,low front end and BB ! I have a new fork on the way but debating if I should extend it past 160. I have to ride with the seat post all the way up making me lean over the front end and it’s a size large. I have a medium 26” Haibike that sits much higher?

Russ2550

Dec 14, 2019
US
I'm all about bigger forks, but have you also considered a 40mm or 50mm riser handlebar?

I'm with you, I hate having to reach down to low handlebars.
Funny you say that. I bought a 40 deg riser bar and a 50mm long HOPE Stem with a 20 Deg Rise as well. It did help some. But I’m still getting arm pump and feel like I’m hanging over the front end. I didn’t realize how much a steep seat angle could change how the bike feels. I wish I had almost gone a size up to XL!

KenX

E*POWAH Master
Jul 21, 2019
Briançon, France
Go for a 170mm airshaft, that'll help, on my Decoy I didn't have a height issue, but the extra travel gives added plushness (along with a Marzocchi Bomber coil shock, great mod!)

May 29, 2018
california
Can't speak to the decoy specifically, BUT, I put a 160mm fork on my Levo, from the 150 stock, and like it much better....Geo is better, ride quality for me is great. I'd assume upping your decoy from 160 to 170 won't hurt anything.

Russ2550

Dec 14, 2019
US
Go for a 170mm airshaft, that'll help, on my Decoy I didn't have a height issue, but the extra travel gives added plushness (along with a Marzocchi Bomber coil shock, great mod!)
It currently has the stock Yari. I have a F36 E-Bike Performance version on order. Hopefully this will take care of the height issue. And I think I will do the 170 airshaft. Did it raise your BB a bit? I would definitely like to try a coil. The Marzocchi would be my pick. Any issues with pedal strikes with the coil?. I seem to be having that issue on the Decoy with the Deluxe R but heard it’s fairly common all around

Reactions: Ak1

Russ2550

Dec 14, 2019
US
Can't speak to the decoy specifically, BUT, I put a 160mm fork on my Levo, from the 150 stock, and like it much better....Geo is better, ride quality for me is great. I'd assume upping your decoy from 160 to 170 won't hurt anything.

Thanks for the input. Sometime I wish I had gone for a Levo. They definitely seem to be on top to now.

KenX

E*POWAH Master
Jul 21, 2019
Briançon, France
It currently has the stock Yari. I have a F36 E-Bike Performance version on order. Hopefully this will take care of the height issue. And I think I will do the 170 airshaft. Did it raise your BB a bit? I would definitely like to try a coil. The Marzocchi would be my pick. Any issues with pedal strikes with the coil?. I seem to be having that issue on the Decoy with the Deluxe R but heard it’s fairly common all around

BB went up a few mm, I feel the coil shock has a bit more support in the mid-range compared to the Deluxe and have no issues with pedal strikes! I feel no need to swap the fork now, 170mm airshaft on the Yari combined with a lower leg service has transformed it!

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Funny you say that. I bought a 40 deg riser bar and a 50mm long HOPE Stem with a 20 Deg Rise as well. It did help some. But I’m still getting arm pump and feel like I’m hanging over the front end. I didn’t realize how much a steep seat angle could change how the bike feels. I wish I had almost gone a size up to XL!
How tall are you?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles