Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I'd be surprised if they didn't have a good selection of Decoys at a Europe wide demo tour, after all, they had quite a few at the launch.

Nasty Nick

Dec 4, 2018
Ventura, CA US
Does anybody know what the deal is with the ebike fox 36 performance elite having the grip damper? I though the elite version was a black factory fork?

0F8C0FAF-97EA-4FAF-86C8-3DAF49691B1E.jpeg

E137C43E-A0E2-4042-BEEF-F65B59C37256.jpeg

ADBDA750-76AF-40B5-B92E-D61BCA895760.jpeg

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
Yea I mentioned this earlier in the thread. It looks like that's just a performance fork with an Elite sticker. Its one of the main reasons I'm put off by the pro model. Elite should come with a Fit4 or Grip2 damper for 2019. Or a Fit4 or RC2 if its an 2018...
Unless the 'E' version is different again...

MarkH

Patreon
Aug 12, 2018
Manchester
Maybe just limited sizes/models seeing as availability dates for many models are not sceduled until after the tour.

Definitely a bonus to be able to ride uphill on Passports weekend too and section stuff.
I sacked off riding at mid day on the day of Passports last year 'cause I couldn't be arsed with the massive queues.
I'm entered for PDS anyway so would be rude not to try out a decoy ?

Stringbean

Mar 9, 2019
Cape town
I feel the di2 is a serious drawback on the YT.
From experience with my normal Mtb the shimano electric on Mtb has been a disaster ( road no problems)
The battery just doesn’t like water very much.If you are in a wet climate don’t expect it to last more than a month or 2 and warranty from shimano on that has been terrible.
YT should ditch the electronics

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
I feel the di2 is a serious drawback on the YT.
From experience with my normal Mtb the shimano electric on Mtb has been a disaster ( road no problems)
The battery just doesn’t like water very much.If you are in a wet climate don’t expect it to last more than a month or 2 and warranty from shimano on that has been terrible.
YT should ditch the electronics

The Di2 power comes from the main bike battery. In testing YT blasted the battery with a pressure washer on full power with no water ingress.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Firstly, let me clear this up. The YT Decoy goes straight into the top few ebikes that you can buy right now. Looks? Stunning. Performance? Outstanding. But what makes this bike stand out from the huge amount of ebikes that have recently been released? Read on to find out exactly why I love this bike.

The all new YT Decoy. One of the most ambitious projects that the YT Industries team have released to date. I was invited to the launch of the bike in the south of France and spent a few days learning about the bike and riding it in the beautiful French mountains. So lets take a deeper look into the bike, the technology and design then take a look at how the bike performs.

YT Decoy Development

YT could have released an electric mountain bike a year ago. Easy. Just buy a motor and battery package from Shimano. Make some modifications to an existing frame (Capra / Jeffsy), bolt on the motor, pop the battery on the front triangle and ship it to the consumer. Job done, YT have...

Continue reading...

Nasty Nick

Dec 4, 2018
Ventura, CA US
Yea I mentioned this earlier in the thread. It looks like that's just a performance fork with an Elite sticker. Its one of the main reasons I'm put off by the pro model. Elite should come with a Fit4 or Grip2 damper for 2019. Or a Fit4 or RC2 if its an 2018...
Unless the 'E' version is different again...
You mentioned it but No one replied. Several of the decoy articles mention that it’s the same as a factory level fork, but judging by YTs photos they’re wrong. That’s very disappointing.

Fox’s website makes no mention of a “36 Performance Elite E” fork.

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
Ok so i’ve been in touch with YT.
When asking the level of suspension on the pro level, they came back and said it was elite with a grip2 damper. On questioning this (as photo shows grip not grip2) they reconfirmed:

Michael Lifka (YT Industries)
Apr 2, 17:39 CEST
Hello Richard,

I'm definitely sure the fork has Grip2.
The photos may differ because sometimes we may not have all original components in stock at the time the photos are taken.
Beste Grüße / Best regards / Cordialement
Michael Lifka

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
Having not owned an eBike, how would you go about cleaning the crap that will inevitably get between the frame and the motor?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
It depends on the model of bike, and how the motor is mounted. On some bikes its not an issue, on others you would usually drop or partially drop the motor, on others you can use a brush/airhose to get in there.

comtn

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2018
Colorado Springs
Can anyone speak to the differences between a brose levo motor and the shimano e8000. It looks like the shimano motor has less torque. Is it a big enough difference to be a deal breaker?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
shimano motor has less torque. Is it a big enough difference to be a deal breaker?
Not at all. It's barely noticeable (to me).

What is noticable is the noise and the more aggressive torque curve, especially in Boost at the initial pedal stroke and at the cut out speed. I wouldn't worry so much about this though as Shimano could sort this via firmware updates. The noise, well, you're stuck with that.

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Not at all. It's barely noticeable (to me).

What is noticable is the noise and the more aggressive torque curve, especially in Boost at the initial pedal stroke and at the cut out speed. I wouldn't worry so much about this though as Shimano could sort this via firmware updates. The noise, well, you're stuck with that.

Having ridden both I'd agree with that, I still think the Levo has the slight edge in peak power or torque, and the Shimano is a bit on and off in boost mode.

In trail mode the shimano is excellent though, but it is quite a bit noisier, my mates Levo is virtually silent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles